Sr20Det - FS

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Time has come, it's definitely going now.

I went to see it on Saturday and tried to get some stuff done on it but it dawned on me that i'm just not going to have the time, space and now inclination to get this finished.....absolutely gutted.

This car has been my life for 5 years but as iive lost sight of the light at the end of the tunnel it's going to have to be passed on to another inthusiast (hopefully) with vision and the resources to get it on the road.

So for sale we have 1.....one of a kind K10 - SR20DET..unfinished.

Currently it doesn't have an MoT but i think all it needs to get it through are some new wishbone mounts (1 of which i have) and some Nylon nuts on the bottom rose joints.

Various other aesthetic bits and pieces need doing to tidy it up i.e. clocks need mounting, a new speedo sensor is needed in the gearbox as the speedometer does not work, a new bonnet catch is needed as it was removed to get the inlet plenum past the bulkhead (think one will fit straight on) and an airfilter needs to be fitted...which again i have.

If anyone is interested e-mail me at [email protected] or PM me and i will answer any questions fully and honestly.

This car is so near completion....which is what pains me the most. I've driven it and to say it's fast is an understatement, it just needs the finishing touches to be a one off show car. Included in the sale would be the one off bodykit and basically anything that i have to fit the micra and pulsar.

I'm gutted that it's come to this but if no-one is interested it will go on e-bay and some fool will buy it and botch it together and undoubtedly crash it.

and that's not the reason i started to build it.

i'll take offers to keep it in the club, auction style if necessary.

Chris

What sort of price are you looking at for this and where abouts in Brum is the car?

I'm looking to re-coup as much as possible (obviously), but for it still to be saleable.

How much do you think it's worth?

Make me an offer, i wont be offended, i'll consider it and let you know what i come up with. PM if you like.

I'd advise anyone who is interested to come and have a look at it, hopefully you'll fall in love like i do every time i see it.

how much have you spent up to now batch on it,its a good job that mine only cos me around £100 and i carnt be even boverd to finish thats....and i throught you would finish this batch.

Alot....it's really ripping my heart out.

I desperately want to finish it but i don't see how i can do it, i don't have anywhere to store it, i don't have the tools or expertise (or time) to do the work myself and i'm not sure how many companies would want to take it on as a project, i'm sure there are some but i just don't have the time to look around for them.

So So gutted

£1500 ? just to confirm im not interested in buying but very intruged in how much it all cost...i know it might make you feel deepley depressed but might give everyone a good idea on price

Engine conversion alone including buying the engine etc etc cost 3k but there's alot of custom stuff in there i.e. rose jointed wishones, a new driveshaft bearing system at the gearbox end, custom mounts, custom drive shafts, custom ignition wiring and sensor wiring to get the clocks working, FMIC and Custom piping, relocated vauxhall rad etc etc etc etc.......

To be honest working it out, it would probably cost over that, the odd 50-100 quid here or there.

That's why i'm so gutted..i've spent all that money but it'd cost still more to get it road worthy.

My advice, buy a Supra or Skyline.

I would've loved to finish it but purely on cost and storage it's not feasable, i think the costs will just grow and grow.

The fact that i've driven it makes it all that much worse, because i know just how fast it is even with a slipping clutch. It's quite ridiculous.

Engine conversion alone including buying the engine etc etc cost 3k but there's alot of custom stuff in there i.e. rose jointed wishones, a new driveshaft bearing system at the gearbox end, custom mounts, custom drive shafts, custom ignition wiring and sensor wiring to get the clocks working, FMIC and Custom piping, relocated vauxhall rad etc etc etc etc.......

To be honest working it out, it would probably cost over that, the odd 50-100 quid here or there.

That's why i'm so gutted..i've spent all that money but it'd cost still more to get it road worthy.

My advice, buy a Supra or Skyline.

I would've loved to finish it but purely on cost and storage it's not feasable, i think the costs will just grow and grow.

The fact that i've driven it makes it all that much worse, because i know just how fast it is even with a slipping clutch. It's quite ridiculous.

Wow....no one at all....i expected to make a loss but i thought someone would want to take it on?

It really is one of a kind as far as i know.....with the kit on top!

It'll get broken otherwise. :(

how much you after for it?? wts the millage on the engine and what does it take to get it running??

Yeah, sorry pics would help wouldn't they. Back to my original point, don't get much time to head over to do stuff to it!

No running issues per-se, clutch slips but that's because it's built for 150bhp and it's running closer to 230-240 (un-tested), their is an idling problem but i think this is because their is no air filter attached or could be a leak in the vaccum system (easily fixable).

Also due to the clutch there is a slight crunch going in to reverse, once a paddle clutch is fitted this should stop.

Other than that there are no running issues i know of.

More questions :)

Edit: Mileage i think is 60k, as for how much i haven't set a price yet, as i've said make me an offer (after you've seen it) and i'll consider it and come back to you. Ultimately i'd like it finished, if i had the space i'd do it without a fleeting thought. It's 95% ready to go.

It's not.

I haven't got around to registering it yet. Spoke to Kristian about this and he seems to think all you have to do is put 2000cc on the log book and send it back!

However, regardless, it can be insured as an SR20DET whether it's registered as such or not.

Working on piccies

Do you ship to canada? :wasntme: I would definately love to have your car... But honestly, I'm not even going to look into how much it'll cost to fly/sail a car overseas no matter how light the Micra is :( I reallllllllly do want it though

Amy on here imports bits and pieces from Japan, i'd imagine she'd have a rough idea on how much it'd cost?

But to be totally honest, would you want to buy a project car from another country without even see'ing it?

I know i'd think twice :) just being honest

i really hate seeing u selling it,i was really building my hopes to see how it would run So that i do my K10.
hey do you knw wot headlights micra man have used 2his orange/black k10..i hve asked no one replied..srry for ur baby

but it's still a legal requirement to inform DVLA of any changes of engine size and colour. if not it could hit you hard in the pocket
Yes and he said he would but its not an issue unless you drive the car on the road.

If money was a little more stable at the mo i would gladly take it off of your hands. Well done so far and good luck!

if i wasnt about to move into my new aparment id have it off ya, but the misses would kill me.

a word of advice to k10 lovers if you ever want a fast k10 this is proabably one of the onmly chances you'll get someone has to buy it! the kit on the car alone is gorgeous!

i really hate seeing u selling it,i was really building my hopes to see how it would run So that i do my K10.
hey do you knw wot headlights micra man have used 2his orange/black k10..i hve asked no one replied..srry for ur baby

They're Civic angel eye headlights mate.

Thanks for the comments everyone, a seller hasn't come out of the woodwork yet so i'll go and see it next weekend and take some pictures...maybe see'ing it again might change my mind. Doubt it though.

personally if you have gone this far with it might as well stick with it, i would be gutted to sell up my car unfinished, and see someone else driving it around.

Easy for you to say though, i've spent this much money on it and i'm going to have to spend still further to get it to the standard i want.

I'm 24 and saving for a house.

dude ive seen a gorgeous pulsar gti-r a 94,Hks exhaust system..blow off valve..apexi Digital AVC-R Boost Controller..and load of other tuning the owner asked for 7grand..bigger turbo..dt you think its way 2much..why dont you get a 300zx tt they are affordable,or a pulsar gti-r?spending 5grand on a k10 u could have bought a really nice one.

which civic year those headlight are?thx batch again

Not sure what year mate, i think they're the EK model about 94-98

Probably going to go for a Type-R supercharged and keep it for a good few years.

Or a Beemer Compact maybe.

But again, saving for a house makes it difficult to think about changing cars. Tempted to sell the run around and buy a mates 620ti, drove it yesterday, be quite good for a stop gap motor. Nippy

dude cant find any on the internet tht look like Micra man headlight,can you Pm him for me,cuz i cant im a freebee!and thx dude again..typeR worth it!how much r they?

Back