Sr20 questions.

Nice video andy, glad its alive again. If you can get a pic of your shafts that would be interesting, I wanna see whats been done.

Ill see what I can do tomorrow. I getting it ready for its MOT Friday morning so doing final checks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest..... I dont know yet, will have to see. I sleeved them with hardened steel tube then slotted the tube and filled the groove with weld. Im confident welding. I intend to make a spare set in case any problems. I had a little drive again today done a couple of standing starts to test..... so far so good.
If they work then great... I can say that I done everything myself and it cost peanuts.

Also fitted the battery to the boot in a steel usaf ammo crate.

Andy

Well I snapped my driveshaft today. Drivers side again! Two sr20 micras an I snap both micras driveshafts. I give up lol

Dude that sucks ass..... damn boost!

Maybe the only answer is proper custom shafts instead of cut n shuts. U need dave bulls driveshafts.

Driveshafts were always my issue until I had custom ones manufactured.

I don't know what setup you have, but I can only stress enough that the Micra K11 driveshafts and CVs are not up to a boosted SR20.

Do what I did and upgrade to the larger shafts!

If you need a contact, then don't hesitate to contact me! :)

I'm running Almera Gti front brakes and hubs mate so all that happened is the Almera driveshafts been shortened.

Pm sent anyhow

I'm running Almera Gti front brakes and hubs mate so all that happened is the Almera driveshafts been shortened.

Pm sent anyhow

have your hubs been machined down so that they fit into the k11 knuckles then andy ?

God knows. How will I know??

thats how dave fitted the stronger shafts and c/v,s i think mate, the sr c/v spline is bigger so you can fit the sr hub into the k11 wheel bearings if you machine them down apparently

Heck yeah its quick. I love this car/ conversion..... I dont think the 155/70/13 tyre are liking it much. May put on the almera 15s, dont like 4000rpm at 70mph.

Turbo sr must be insane.

I'm on 195/45/15 and I have trouble at times. Might go up to 16" or possibly 17" lol but 15" are cheap tyres

I really want wide 14"..... poss 195/40/14 or similar, we'll see wanna keep the standard look mostly.

Decided next week im gonna make a quiet exhaust system... no giveaways.

Think u need 15" for them brakes to fit. 14" may be too small

Think u need 15" for them brakes to fit. 14" may be too small

Had my first victim today 2 chavs in a seat leon who had the cheek to flash me. Cars going strong, im shifting gear and declutching quite hard so the shafts are gettin a real good test, no vibrations to report at all which must means the shafts are straight also.
Only problem is when I reverse the gearbox taps the chassis rail a little.

Love this car.

Invidia N1 exhaust silencer, and car mascot. I know I need a grille and repaint my bumpers.

20130310_130815_zps5dcc0011.jpg
20130310_130758_zps7dcc8f7e.jpg

Got round to checking and adjusting my ign timing. I found it was actually set at 11° btdc... Whuch sucks, so after a little tweeking have bumped that to about 17-18°. No signs of det on premium fuel.

Ive been given a top mount t25 turbo manifold... Hmmm

Back