SR160 oil change

zipin

Buy & Sell Member
Wife's micra sport is due a oil and filter. She can't find me the service book and manuals etc so does anyone know the oil spec required?
On another note the front tyres don't last long on these do they?

(great site) Thanks in advance

dci 86

Club Member (Trial)
oil grade

was in halfords today 10w40 is the standard oil, 5w40 is the upgraded.
5w40 full synth was on offer £27.50 well worth it, but try opie oils web site they do the full kit with filter for various prices.

ps the standard tyres are conti premium contact and they do not last longthey are a soft tread, i've switched to kuhmo, last a lot longer, my dci has the same 16" alloy .

OP
OP
Z

zipin

Buy & Sell Member
thanks for reply, I've booked it into KwikFit this week. £29 for oil (5w40) and filter change so not a bad price as it was going to cost me @ £23-£24 for oil and filter alone.
I put Kuhmo's on the back for its MOT in Nov so it's time for the same on the fronts I reckon. Must be the way she drives, I told her @55mph would get her decent MPG so she does roundabouts/ carparks everything at 55 :laugh:

OP
OP
Z

zipin

Buy & Sell Member
£28 job done. Does anyone know where I can get an air filter (standard) on-line? Found plenty stores doing up to 1.4 but struggling for the 1.6. are there any recomendations for Nissan parts online in general?
thanks again.

dci 86

Club Member (Trial)
filters

i get mine from my local motor factors, they use fram, bit cheaper than dealers and might be better too.

OP
OP
Z

zipin

Buy & Sell Member
thanks for replies, job for the weekend then car's good for another year. May have a look at front brakes in next few months but she only does @4k a year and to be honest in 16 months of ownership its been a great car. Even with mainly real short journeys, lights on, rear screen, heater fans and heated seats getting well used, the battery has been ok. cheers