sr v sr

R

Ray1

Can anyone tell me performance figures and general info for the toyota starlet 1.3sr.... i know it has modified bits n bobs from the factory.. like suspension, but i want to know is it a better car overall than a k11 sr?... i think its lighter in weight.. im going to have a quick scour on the net.. ive driven one, about 2 yrs ago.. and was very impressed but this was way before i got my micra.

James

Chairman
Out of the factory they have a quoted 74bhp, 1 less than a K11...

According to Parkers: "[Starlet] 1.3 SR launched with sports suspension, 15in alloys, sports exhaust, rear spoiler."

1.3 Starlet (from here):
Code:
Length:	3740 mm
Height:	1400 mm
Weight:	830 kg
Fuel Delivery:	Injection
Transmission:	Manual
Gears:	5 Speed
Engine Size:	1332 cc
Cylinders:	4
0-60 mph:	11.9 s
Power Output:	74 bhp
Valves:	16
Torque:	85 lb/ft
Top Speed:	103 mph
Braked Towing Weight:	900 Kg
Wheelbase:	2300 mm
Luggage Capacity:	214 litres
TurningCircle:	9 m
Fuel Capacity:	45 litres

1.3 K11 (from here):
Code:
Length:	3708 mm
Width:	1585 mm
Height:	1430 mm
Weight:	835 kg
Fuel Delivery:	Multi point fuel injection
Transmission:	Manual
Gears:	5 Speed
Engine Size:	1275 cc
Cylinders:	4
0-60 mph:	11.6 s
Power Output:	75 bhp
Valves:	16
Torque:	~80 lb/ft
Top Speed:	106 mph
Braked Towing Weight:	750 Kg
Wheelbase:	2360 mm
TurningCircle:	9 m
Fuel Capacity:	42 litres

They're quite evenly matched cars actually!

OP
OP
R

Ray1

wow.. cheers for that.. they are very evenly matched arnt they?!!! i thought the starlet would have more power, was wrong... the k11 is 5kgs heavier.. wouldnt have banked on that too... ok.., thats exactly what i needed.. cheers james

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
It is the sunroof that adds most of the extra weight in SR, your best bet is to get a GX shell and transfer over SR ECU and bodykit if you want it.

James

Chairman
Well like I said, we'll see...

I'm also checking on the ECU status... does anyone have the VIN number for a standard prefacelift 1.3 K11 they can PM me? Eg anything but a Super S / SR?

S

squigbobble

James said:
Parker's top speeds tend to be very conservative
There is also the legal range of inaccuracy on mass produced speedos which *googles furiously* seems to be 10%, hence he could've been doing 95 with the speedo reading 105...
Having said that, having a good tailwind never goes amiss in a Micra; I once put my foot down for 70 in my 1.0 auto and found myself breezing quietly (lack of wind noise, almost nowt but the nrrrrring engine) past everyone else at 90 (indicated; whatever it actually was, it was a sh!t load faster than everyone else!) 'cos I failed to notice that I had a 30-40mph tailwind :eek: I wasn't really fully awake at the time... at least it was a dual carriageway.

James

Chairman
Sweet! Come on 9th ;)

Just to add, I checked the model codes against the FAST system and tbh it was no help at all, it reckoned all ECUs had the same part code (even the CG10 ones), 22611 i think it was (Don't have FAST at work lol).

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
James said:
Sweet! Come on 9th ;)

Just to add, I checked the model codes against the FAST system and tbh it was no help at all, it reckoned all ECUs had the same part code (even the CG10 ones), 22611 i think it was (Don't have FAST at work lol).

FAST is sometimes pretty useless for stuff like that ,1l and 1.3pistopns/crank have the same part code IIRC.
Will be interesting to see what time you run Mike :)

Ian

Ex. Club Member
aren't there around 18 different ECU maps? If your interested in the CG ecu.... micra pete can probably tell you more then anyone else can.

micra_pete

Ex. Club Member
Hi

there are around 15-20 different k11 ecu's versions from across the range in the uk, not including japanese / taiwanese / aussie / other parts of world versions, i have 14-15 k11 rom from memory, incuding some foreign ones.

"most" of which within engine class, ie cg10 cg13 etc have the same fuel / ignition map data (the rom code changes though) some other area's of the map are different, but not things that make power.

from the super s versions i have seen, the rom is the same - mostly, it was thought once that the rom rata may have been different on the super s, but i have yet to see this, and any changes i have tried haven't made any different to what i can see, in regard to the super s being faster when autospeed tested a k11 micra they had 0-60 down to 10. odd, nissan may simply have used those figures to give more of a "sporty" image to the super s, however something i will note, is is mainly the more "sporty" micra models i am still wanting roms for, i have a few ecu's coming to me, i will as always let people know.

in regard to james breaking 18 seconds, i can't see that being a problem, im sure autospeed (again) testing it faster than that.

dont argee with the 1.3 having a top speed of only 106mph tho, dont seem real, im sure 1.3s would be good for well over 115mph. a friends standard 1.2 16v corsa has hit 121mph and thats a slushtronic box!

Ian

Ex. Club Member
its hard to get past 110 mark imo... it becomes very very slow pulling. Not even woth the effford. Micra's need big power for higher speeds. They weren't designed for it at all.

L

lee@

To be honest I would think that you should see an indicated 110-115 on a good day. But as the majority of speedos are innacurate by as much as 10% by this point it is very likely that your genuine top speed is going to be around 106!

When I got caught doing about 130 (nearly flat out) in my Primera (standard SR20Di) the police said my actual speed was 118!

Can't see a 1.2 corsa ever doing a realworld 121 as standard, did he tell you this or were you witness to it?