sr rear disc brakes

G

greenwheels

hey, my friend has a smashed sr with the rear disc brakes on it i was wondering if they would fit on my k11 si?

i believe so, it involves swapping the rear axel over. Not sure what happens with the brake pipes or handbrake cable though, probably just reconnecting to the new system.

i cant see it no fitting, all micra suspension setups are the same i thought. ah well theres only one way to find out. would be interesting. if it doesnt fit theyre like rockin horse poo so you could sell it fairly easily

they should fit fine. the handbrake cables are the same iirc and so are the hoses but the other difference is that the rear axel will have ABS sensors on it which you won't need.... i think the extra ring on axel for the ABS sensor spaces the wheels out by about 6mm but don't quote me on that, i'm only going by the axel and disks that I already have :D

BTW if anyone wants rear disks i suggest you go for golf rear calipers and custom mounts, its a much cheaper and easier way of doing things and its the route i'm going cos my super s rear axel is too rusty to use, i'm only using it for reference ;)

Axles are the same, same track dimensions also. The only thing with later models is they omitted the anti roll bars, but the chassis mounts are still there, so there are only positive things to be gained if you did decide to fit an older axle with discs. Been running rear discs for years with nothing but positive results.

Low Rider said:
Axles are the same, same track dimensions also. The only thing with later models is they omitted the anti roll bars, but the chassis mounts are still there, so there are only positive things to be gained if you did decide to fit an older axle with discs. Been running rear discs for years with nothing but positive results.

ah there you go, same track :)

so have you got any pics of urs mounted so we can see? :D

Back