SR driving lamps - fogs?

Robert

Ex. Club Member
I'm getting SR bumpers soon..

Having a SI, the facelift bumper had fog lights in it, so i have the switch and wiring for fog lights.
The SR bumper has driving lamps which would usually come on with the main beam, i think?

I'd rather have these as fogs than driving lamps, especially as the wiring is all there and wired in already, so basically..

Is there a way of making the driving lamps into fogs by using different bulbs or anything?

mike

I love Ed!!!!
there not set-up to be fog lamps and the reflectors and bulbs are different i believe

mike

I love Ed!!!!
there great for blinding people with on full beam and playing the 'oi you, turn your full beams off' game

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
why not just use different bulb holders?

it's not the bulbs or bulb holders, it's the reflector mainly and the lens on the driving lights.
could you not modify the bumper to accept the fogs from the facelift? they are almost the same shape as the super s lights.

or swap your stalk for a non f/fog stalk and wire the feed for main beam into the feed for the fogs, wire in the driving lamps to existing wiring and hey presto, they'll come on with main beam and you've used the standard wiring and relay. that's what i'm going to do when i make my facelift fogs driving lamps. ;)

OP
OP
Robert

Robert

Ex. Club Member
I'd rather not mess with the wiring as I'm not too confident with it.
I think I'll leave it as it is, get the brightest bulbs i can find, and keep them wired to the facelift's fog switch anyway.

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
i wanna wire my to main beam but dunno how

please read your own thread!!! i replied in there 3 days ago!!!
http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=20805

I'd rather not mess with the wiring as I'm not too confident with it.
I think I'll leave it as it is, get the brightest bulbs i can find, and keep them wired to the facelift's fog switch anyway.

having driving lights come on instead of fog lights will dazzle yourself. they are like mainbeam!!!
the driving lights will need wiring into your foglight wiring, not plug and play.
then all you have to do it use a test light, find the feed for the fog lights from behind the steering shroud that plugs into the light stalk, then find the feed for mainbeam and splice the two together. then put a not fr/fog stalk on (or use your existing stalk, but you'll then you'll have to cut the fr/fog feed into the stalk and you won't be able to sell the fr/fogstalk with you fr/fogs.)