Squealing front brakes!!!

shaiboy_uk

Buy & Sell Member
Hi all,

Back before Xmas replace the pads and discs at the front of my partners K12 Micra. Back then, at low speed braking they were giving off a small squealing noise. This has developed in the last 3 days to a squealing noise most of the time from both front brakes!?!?! Brakes still feel like they work the same.

At the time of fitting I copper greased the back of the pads. What else should I check? going to try and strip it down Sunday, as partner is working all next week and don't want her taking the risk.

Thanks for any help

Cheers
Shaiboy_UK

well this is a common problem in all cars , just use a bit of wd40 and you will never hear them again lol (just kidding buddy ) although they might need some more copper grease mate

Hi all,

what about the sliders for the calipers? if these are seized would this cause the brakes to squeal?

Was trying to get them checked today, but other things have come up. Argh typical....

Cheers
Shaiboy_UK

Hi all,

Well the problems go on o_O

Stripped down the brakes the other week, sliders were fine, but took them off and greased them up. Cooper greased the back of the brake pads again.

Took it for a wee drive and was ok, but then it seemed when the brakes started to heat up, the squealing started again grr grr

Didn't have time to strip it down yet again! But what else can it be? Wondering if the metal brake pad rail could be cauing the noise, but can you cooper grease that?

Anything else?

Cheers
Shaiboy_UK

hi i work at nissan and there is a cumstomer bulitin about this nissan say the materials thay use is what causes the noise what we do is we remove the pads and put a tapper on the edges of the pads and deglaze them try that.

Hi J'S_NISMO,

Thanks for your reply.

Whats a tapper? sorry not heard of that before.
How do you deglaze them? pads? discs? or both?

Cheers
Shaiboy_UK

shaiboy

j,s_nismo probably means taper (chamfer) the edges of the pads, and take the shine off them, its an old trick works on shoe brakes

j,s_nismo
introduce yourself and tell us about your car ;)

Back