Squealing Clutch

RedRocket1

Club Member (Trial)
My clutch is squealing at bite point...like if i hold it there it will just constantly squeel. Anyone any ideas so i can get it sorted as soon as.
Cheers:grinning:

Shero

Ex. Club Member
Dont start with clutches! lol.

but yeh man, like frank says could be the thrust bearing needs greeased up.

OP
OP
RedRocket1

RedRocket1

Club Member (Trial)
Is it easy to do?...I mean i have the engine knowledge of a horse...so will i need some help from the main man Stani?

Shero

Ex. Club Member
yeh, see if you can get a hand from stani, I just took my gearbox out for the first time when i was doing my clutch, its not that hard in the end but if your not sure it helps to have a help. And also get some wd40 or something on all your mounts and bolts / nuts just now so its got time to eat in to it so your not wasting time with goosed bolts. :D

Stani1029

Club Member
id happily help chris, tell me what you want and its done lol

FRANK- if i were to drill the box to get into oil it do you have a rough point where to drill it? and what kind of oil? 3 in 1?

cheers

frank

Club Member
FRANK- if i were to drill the box to get into oil it do you have a rough point where to drill it? and what kind of oil? 3 in 1?

cheers

i posted some pics up last year stani, you can get within about 5" of the bearing if you hit the right spot (i,ll have a look, but its the smaller pre98 box tho fwn)
and engine oil/gear oil/chain lube ?

Stani1029

Club Member
yeah but i thought i remember see-ing a gearbox with about 20 holes in it, all depends on what he wants and if your reading this chris ill be at my lock-up tomorrow just after 12 ;)

frank

Club Member

Attachments

• SDC10061.JPG
    SDC10061.JPG
    269.6 KB · Views: 258
  • SDC10062.JPG
    SDC10062.JPG
    269.4 KB · Views: 242

frank

Club Member
does water n debris get in there and contaminate the clutch frank?

not as yet paul, and i,ve had no sandwich plate thingy between the engine and g/box for years either :wasntme:
(btw i,m struggling to post on your blog fwn the pic loading from page 1 seizes my netbook even tho its now on page 2 :confused:)

pollyp

Club Member
good thinking paul ;)

incase ya need to quote summing,

click quote,

once the reply window with the quoted message is seen stop the page or hit esc to stop the pics from all loading up,

copy the quoted message string

go back to the latest page

paste the quoted message into the quick reply

then type ur message below

OP
OP
RedRocket1

RedRocket1

Club Member (Trial)
Just an update, Solved the problem using Franks method of drilling a hole (13mm i think) and spraying some lube in and then covering the hole with a grommet. Thanks to frank and of course Stani for doing the job and sortin my headlights;)

frank

Club Member
Just an update, Solved the problem using Franks method of drilling a hole (13mm i think) and spraying some lube in and then covering the hole with a grommet. Thanks to frank and of course Stani for doing the job and sortin my headlights;)

glad you,re sorted RR :)

dont worry about the hole tho, as you can see my flywheel is completely exposed on the bottom half (without the tin sheet sandwich plate thingy :wasntme: , and the 2 lower braces lol)
as was my old super s the same, with no problems (removed soon after i bought it in late 1999)
http://www.micra.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14130&stc=1&d=1264610189

Attachments

• SDC10092.JPG
    SDC10092.JPG
    256.5 KB · Views: 209