• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

squarepants micra blog

richmicratwista

Direct Detailing UK
looking good dan.

let the repair shop do the work, i wouldnt even think about the filler yourself, its a skilled job as i recently found out and i know you dont have the patience.

why dont u get gary (kirk) to have a look, he'd do a good job

OP
OP
squarepants

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
hopefully get the damage done after christmas...but atm need a new clutch. and 2 cv boots :(

fitting a carbon 4'' back box this week and a de-cat.

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
update:

car is in bits atm as the clutch gave up on sunday night.

so i went to the scrapyard today and brought a 1998> cg10 gear box, with clutch and a spare flywheel (as iam already ruinning the lighter 1.0 flywheel) its a secondhand genuine nissan clutch its slightly worn but it will do for now as i just want my car back!

so 2 gearboxs have been removed today! and ive spent £60, witch aint bad considering a new clutch on its own is about £60 from ebay!

will update tomorrow once the box is fitted, hopefully should make a noticeable diffrence :)

dan

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
dans car is in bits atm as the clutch gave up on him sunday night.

so i went to the scrapyard today and brought a 1998> cg10 gear box, with clutch and a spare flywheel (as his car is already ruinning the lighter 1.0 flywheel) its a secondhand genuine nissan clutch its slightly worn but it will do for now...

so 2 gearboxs have been removed today by me! and dan has spent £60, witch aint bad considering a new clutch on its own is about £60 from ebay!

will let him update tomorrow once me and him have fitted the box, hopefully should make a noticeable diffrence :)

OP
OP
squarepants

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
well i now have my car back. and the 1.0 box has made a massive diffrance to aceleration. hits 1st gear his the rev limter at about 30mph, second is 55mph dont know about 3rd rough estimate would be 75mph..., i dontt know about fourth and fith though (as i would be breaking the speed limit trying to find out) i just drive everywhere in fith gear. as it revs at 3000rpm in fourth doing 40mph so i try and keep it under 3k.

just to confirm..

the 98 cg10 box uses the same shafts as the cg13 engines :)

so all anyone with a cg13 needs to get for this swap is a 1998 onwards cg10 box and flywheel.

dan

OP
OP
squarepants

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
did the 1.0 have 14" wheels dan ?
because iirc matt said that the post 2000 1.0,s had the 4.5:1 low ratio diff :)

i dont know it had the wheels already off...iirc it was a 1999. iam asumming matt means the cga box (2001 facelift) or the faclift like mine (as they ended in 2000) :S

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
did the 1.0 have 14" wheels dan ?
because iirc matt said that the post 2000 1.0,s had the 4.5:1 low ratio diff :)

the wheel size doen't help find out if it is post '00 micra as the post '98 1.0 micras came with 14" wheels.

and as dan said, we think it was a '99 cg10

frank

Club Member
no both are diffrent boxs with diffrent ratios :)

i,m confused too fwn, were the boxes physically different dan, or just different ratio,s ?
here,s a quote from matt.

" i have a spare CGA3 gear box from a 1.0 litre if you are interested. Give me a ring 01865 748000 anytime. It will fit but has a slightly lower ratio diff which is better if you are running larger wheels. Matt "

and another confusing thread :p
http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=21682

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
i,m confused too fwn, were the boxes physically different dan, or just different ratio,s ?

and another confusing thread :p
http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=21682

the boxes are the same, just different ratios, whether from the diff or gears i'm not sure.

with regards the other thread. my post got summed up towards the bottom. maybe the other chap who said he fitted one to his pre-facelift got mixed up as to which box he fitted?

OP
OP
squarepants

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
update..

ive recently fitted some nissan overarch's, and some genuine nissan wind deflectors (Y) and i need a new number plate as i drove through a flood and it snapped off :S

oh and painted one of my wing mirrors gloss black to add some contrast with the archs lol.

dan

Attachments

• P1010013.JPG
    P1010013.JPG
    658.6 KB · Views: 368
  • P1010014.JPG
    P1010014.JPG
    675.2 KB · Views: 357
OP
OP
squarepants

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
its been a while..

well, heres an update on the silver si...

its been lowerd agian
2001 spec rear lights
oem front fogs
2001 spec rear wiper
new rocker cover, painted in wrinkle black.
oem ronal wheels painted ford graphite grey

P1010067.jpg

P1010068.jpg

P1010070.jpg

MOT agian soon :S carnt belive its been a year!

sill repair question mark :p

baguete

Site Supporter
i dont know it had the wheels already off...iirc it was a 1999. iam asumming matt means the cga box (2001 facelift) or the faclift like mine (as they ended in 2000) :S

Matt means the 98 to 2000 1.0 gearbox, thay are the same as 1.3 box, but with lower ratios. I have that box, and even on a 1.0 with 81hp it has a nice acceleration, 0-60 in 8 or 9 secs... Got to do a video to see how much it does now, but with 155/70R13 i will get loads of wheel spin, with the stock 165/60R14 it grips more.

OP
OP
squarepants

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
Matt means the 98 to 2000 1.0 gearbox, thay are the same as 1.3 box, but with lower ratios. I have that box, and even on a 1.0 with 81hp it has a nice acceleration, 0-60 in 8 or 9 secs... Got to do a video to see how much it does now, but with 155/70R13 i will get loads of wheel spin, with the stock 165/60R14 it grips more.

yes thats the same 1.0 box that i have :) i was running 185/55/14's when it was on my green one. hit 60mph very quick. mine was standard tune though and it could out accelarte a celica gt upto 50mph (he even said it was quick for a micra), and i sat at the side of an almera gti upto 60....but he killed me after that.

best mod i have ever done to my micra tbh (Y) makes a huge diffreance.