Sqeaky boot lid causing mental issues...

Anybody have any idea how to tighten up the boot lid or the latch? I had this weird squeaky noise that was driving me mad, thought it might be the spare wheel rubbing in the well at first but after stripping the entire rear of the car out I still had it. It's the boot lid and it's driving me mad, it's even loader now without the back seats and parcel shelf in... I know I could put it all back in but I'd still hear it and it's gonna annoy me!

Anybody had this problem and know how to tighten the boot lid or the latch up to stop the squeak?

hahaha mine is the same, made worse by the suspension. i find the only thing that helps is if you lean forward slightly, extend your left arm and turn the little nob near the center of the dash till it reads VOL30, tends to help a little

hahaha mine is the same, made worse by the suspension. i find the only thing that helps is if you lean forward slightly, extend your left arm and turn the little nob near the center of the dash till it reads VOL30, tends to help a little
My radio is poo mate, never have it on...

The rubber things on the very bottom edge (and the thicker ones at parcel shelf height from memory) unscrew to fine tune closing position of the boot lid. The thicker ones I mentioned do deform quite badly as you will see when looking at your own.
I had a problem with the remote boot release. It would release but then I shut the drivers door the air pressure of closing the door would click the boot lid shut again. Ive since unscrewed the rubber bungs and it hasnt once locked me out of the boot since:)

:O not cool! I took off that metal panel on the inside of the boot and that seemed to help the noise...
Nah, tried that too coz I thought it might be the lock/latch arm thingy rattling but it wasn't... Can't get that panel back on now coz it's fixed on with those poo plastic screw fixings that can't be re-used once you've undone them...

mate how annoying are them plastic things? try Frank's solution first then and see how you get on :p
Yeah, give it go next day off... Those plastic things are sha-bite mate... Had one that wouldn't come out at all and it bent the panel thing as it was just hanging by it... tried everything to get it out... ended up cutting through it with a spud knife...

A tool for every job... thats me! :p

Where in the pool are you at mate?

haha, good lad! and yeah they are the most annoying things. My parents live in Walton mate, but im in Cheshire at the minute. Im back there tomorrow and Thursday :)

haha, good lad! and yeah they are the most annoying things. My parents live in Walton mate, but im in Cheshire at the minute. Im back there tomorrow and Thursday :)
Oh, just I'm back home to Liverpool in a few weeks, thought you were a bit more central... haven't met any members yet or got a chance to drool over better Micras... Actually, where abouts in Walton coz thats where I stay when I'm up...

...and just another, mines the same!
Can you buy new rubbers for the boot then as it seems to be quite a common problem?

Well my cars getting dropped 80/60mm tomorra... so we'll see about that! :p
and rite where are the sticker makers??? ...'Squeeky boot lids FTW' with a cheeky looking mouse next to it would be immense!

Back