Spraying manifold.

It would be ideal to know what the highest temperature it can deal with though, exhaust manifold gets reall hot

Thought about looking in a local motor factors or somewhere for some real real high temp paint?

I suppose for £8 its a worth a crack to see if it works :grinning:

Thought about looking in a local motor factors or somewhere for some real real high temp paint?

I suppose for £8 its a worth a crack to see if it works :grinning:

people say the halfords stuff burns of straight away so im avoiding that. Also research suggest that BBQ paint work very well. Might go for it next week. I will continue looking round for better ones.

ive used hammerite and vht paint in the past. neither were any good on hot exhaust componants! they both just flake off and turn to dust in time, and the hammerite stinks in the process! theyre ok for other engine parts, but for me they were no good on the mani. never tried bbq stuff tho so might be good, who knows!

been on for about 1-2 months and i am always driving....quite fast as well :D

put on about 2k miles since painting and it is still there and no flakes that i can see

i don't recommend painting manifolds, if you want to colour them then get them ceramic coated, exhaust manifolds get VERY hot, and paint just isn't up to it

i don't recommend painting manifolds, if you want to colour them then get them ceramic coated, exhaust manifolds get VERY hot, and paint just isn't up to it

since doing it, I've been thraping it round everywhere and long motorway journeys and there's no sign of flaking, discolouration etc.

i'll post pictures up tomorrow.

i have used engine lacquer for my manifold and cylinder black for the rest of the system havent fitted them on my micra yet but will let you all know how they fair up

cylinder black is working a treat as for the engine laquer i would say is not good for manifolds as mine bellowed out a lot of smoke as the manifold heated up and baked the paint lol :laugh:

Ive used Halfords paint followed by Halfords lacquer on my heat shield with no problems. Im can't remember whether i used Halfords primer on it aswell.

Before you ask, no I don't work at Halfords.

Back