Spotlights

Hi, I have got a k11 1.3 stage prepared micra.
I am looking at doin some night stages in 2011 at single venues and have a few questions about spotlights:

How to mount? (Brackets or bumper?)
What lights?
Anyone used Ring Rally Giants?
2 or 4 lights?

Any pics or information would be usefull

thanks Paul

Generally if using spots i think most use 2. I have wired mine for two. You can also get pods with either 2 or 4 lights but prices of them can be a bit steep :eek: You can buy ready made brackets to mount them but ive made my own there easy enough to make.

Its easy, done this on Suze's Micra

Get a 1m piece of Angle Iron from B&Q thickest you can, and 1m of the thickest Iron Bar (Flat).
Then 1m of builders roofing strap, iron bar with holes in it.

Take the bumper off and the angle iron will with a small bit of modding with the angle grinder, sit straight
on to the bumper mounts. Weld this on. then cut the builder roofing strap to fit three of them between the
cross angle iron and the bottom front cross member. Weld this up (take care as the roofing bar is coated in
Zinc the fumes are not nice). Then drill hole big enough for a 13mm bolt in the angle iron and the flat iron bar which you have cut to the right length. drill holes in the bumper for the bolted on flat bar to stick out. Finally drill
holes big enough for the spot lights, bolt them onm wire them up (using relays) and away you go.

Also re lamps, what is this for ? Road rallying if so, then new regs come in in 2012 banning lamps over 222mm
dia. Rally giants are ok for road use, but for any sort of proper use then get a set of Cibies or PIAA's

I will try and find a pic

Generally if using spots i think most use 2. I have wired mine for two. You can also get pods with either 2 or 4 lights but prices of them can be a bit steep :eek: You can buy ready made brackets to mount them but ive made my own there easy enough to make.

Have you got pics of your mounts?

If your not using it for road rallys then lightforce 240 blitz or 240xgt. If you are going to be using it for road rallys lightforce 170 strikers because they will still be allowed when the new regs come out but theyre expensive but alot better than any other non gas discharge light and cheaper than gas discharge. As far as brackets go i made mine out of 2"x1/4" aly plate cheaper and lighter than the ones in demon tweeks will try to post pictures when i get a chance.

If your not using it for road rallys then lightforce 240 blitz or 240xgt. If you are going to be using it for road rallys lightforce 170 strikers because they will still be allowed when the new regs come out but theyre expensive but alot better than any other non gas discharge light and cheaper than gas discharge. As far as brackets go i made mine out of 2"x1/4" aly plate cheaper and lighter than the ones in demon tweeks will try to post pictures when i get a chance.

Thanks U can email me at [email protected] if easier.

Back