Spot light bar on the roof

Hi All, Has anyone thought about fitting a light bar to the roof of your k11. This is because I don't have the space anywhere for auxiliary LED fog lights , any idea as I have a 1998 shape k11.
Peter0003

There are regulations about the height and position of 'FOG' lights on a car.......roof mounted is a no go! However auxiliary 'driving' lights can be roof mounted BUT must only come on with the headlight main beams and go off when headlights are dipped......
Fog light regulations.jpg
Fog light regulations.jpg

I just mounted mine on the front bolted through the slats in the bumper grill down over so I wasn't butchering the bumper itself. When I bother to wire them I might just go for a separate switch

I'm guessing modern led ones would be a lot smaller?
20211024_170856.jpg

Sent from my SM-F926B using Micra Sports Club mobile app

I just mounted mine on the front bolted through the slats in the bumper grill down over so I wasn't butchering the bumper itself. When I bother to wire them I might just go for a separate switch

I'm guessing modern led ones would be a lot smaller? View attachment 76884

Sent from my SM-F926B using Micra Sports Club mobile app
If you are wiring using a relay (which you should) then it's really no more effort to wire it through the headlight dip switch, you need to find a wire either under the dash or bonnet that's live when the high beam is on, run that to your switch then use it to trigger the relay, the wiring to trigger the relay can be small light stuff.

Back