Sportex back box?

im thinking that there would be some welding involved but not entirely sure as im new to this game myself. good luck! (Y)

Ahh sweet, now to save my pennies ;D
Luckily I don't have to pay for postage as the seller said he'd gladly come meet me somewhere within County Durham, so that's not too bad.

Hopefully my mum will chip in for the exhaust too ;D

Just a point, i doubt you will see any performance, its just alot louder than the standard box, and you have to notify your insurance :(

Quinn.
What do you mean? Like if I notify my insurance tell them it's a replacement because my current one has rusted away?

That's good to hear, kinda.

What'd be best to say to the insurance people?
I'm putting on this Sportex back box as a replacement to my rusty original.
Or just like straight up tell them I'm putting on a different exhaust?

i wouldnt worry too much about telling the company about a back box surely?
however this is the UK and our laws etc are not exactly for the people :grinning:

Tbh I was just gonna buy it and whack it on, cba telling insurance, even if I crash I'm going to avoid claiming, even if it means paying the other driver off, or hopefully if I do crash it'll be into a bush or slide off the road.

But tbh I'm a pretty safe driver even though I am 17 lol. I'm gonna take it easy until I've had a year on the road :D

Tbh I was just gonna buy it and whack it on, cba telling insurance, even if I crash I'm going to avoid claiming, even if it means paying the other driver off, or hopefully if I do crash it'll be into a bush or slide off the road.

But tbh I'm a pretty safe driver even though I am 17 lol. I'm gonna take it easy until I've had a year on the road :D

i dont understand how you can say your safe with under a year of driving lol mind you probably better than the MSG (micra sports grannies) out there lol

Haha, I've been on the roads since I was 16.

Scooter on my 16th birthday. That got stolen :(
Then a 50cc motorcycle.
17th birthday I got a 125cc.
I've just recently bought a GPZ 500cc.
And ofcourse I have my car.
But from being on motorbikes for almost 2 years now (birthday in December) I have gotten to know the roads well and gotten some good road sense specially from being on underpowered motorbikes and everyone is aiming for you lol.

Almost 2 years and no crashes or even felt that I was going to be in one. And I do use my bikes a lot. I ride to college every day back and forth. 15 mile round or something.

(Essay or what ha)

Haha, I've been on the roads since I was 16.

Scooter on my 16th birthday. That got stolen :(
Then a 50cc motorcycle.
17th birthday I got a 125cc.
I've just recently bought a GPZ 500cc.
And ofcourse I have my car.
But from being on motorbikes for almost 2 years now (birthday in December) I have gotten to know the roads well and gotten some good road sense specially from being on underpowered motorbikes and everyone is aiming for you lol.

Almost 2 years and no crashes or even felt that I was going to be in one. And I do use my bikes a lot. I ride to college every day back and forth. 15 mile round or something.

(Essay or what ha)

near on the same really have had a gilera 125 at 16 and a suzuki marauder 125 before the car (Y) however i sold my marauder baby and i miss it still got my lid etc though :blush:

Ahh sweet :D
I love having a car and a bike, it's good fun.
I use my bikes for college. Then car's for fun on a night etc.

Just a point with insurance, if the police do happen to pull you, inspect your car, phone your insurer, and find out that you havn't declared the mods, they can potentially arrest you, crush your car, as you dont have a valid insurance policy, just my 2p worth :)

I'm not condoning it, and my car is insured legit, but I have never known or heard of anyone having they're policy checked fully by the poilce...

Just a point with insurance, if the police do happen to pull you, inspect your car, phone your insurer, and find out that you havn't declared the mods, they can potentially arrest you, crush your car, as you dont have a valid insurance policy, just my 2p worth :)
Yeah I've just been reading in another thread about this. I don't think it's worth taking a risk with it.

If I do decide to buy it, I'll ask the insurance people if it'll add much more onto my insurance.
It it does then I'm not bothered about a silly back box anyway.

Your in the same boat as me, the only things I have on my car are upper and lower struts, and I phoned the insurance company up, various different ones, and nobody could break £1k, with 1 Year NCB, Fully Comp, at the moment, with Direct Line, I end up paying £730, £0 Vol Excess (still £400 compulsary), Fully Comp with Legal Cover, I cant justify modding my car.

just put it on,

quinn allow yuo to make astethic modifications, it is hardly a performance mod is it?

my dad is a police intercept driver, none of his mates can tell my car is lowered or would be bothered with the back box,

although they do pass on details to your insurance company, but only if it is blatent things such as roll cages or slammed with big allows and drilled discs or something.... you get the idea :)

i say go for it, and dont worry about it,

you crash your car, settle it out of the companies, you wouldnt get anything for your micra anyway so why worry?

and like modded said, they wont nesseccarily be too botherede to look iof they feel it is legit. how many people do you think declare their back boxes?

not condoning it or anything though...

just put it on,

quinn allow yuo to make astethic modifications, it is hardly a performance mod is it?

my dad is a police intercept driver, none of his mates can tell my car is lowered or would be bothered with the back box,

although they do pass on details to your insurance company, but only if it is blatent things such as roll cages or slammed with big allows and drilled discs or something.... you get the idea :)

i say go for it, and dont worry about it,

you crash your car, settle it out of the companies, you wouldnt get anything for your micra anyway so why worry?

and like modded said, they wont nesseccarily be too botherede to look iof they feel it is legit. how many people do you think declare their back boxes?

not condoning it or anything though...

Agree with tom here, back boxes arnt exactly an engine mod, its a replacement back box that you got hold of and nissan wanted $$$$$$ for there back box and you couldnt afford that much if you get the jist of what im saying.. play innocent and stupid if anything happens and if the Ole`bill stops you its like, Yes sir, sorry sir, i didnt know sir.. make them feel good and your off!! thats.... and insurance.. ive recently lowerd my car with KYB gasses and originally the springs were 35 mm drop, i cut one coil off at the rear and 2 coils at the front for the loooooow look i havent declared it... its not bothering anyone, and im not bothered too..... so enjoy your car... you know almost every car you see will have some kind of mod to it, i.e. chip, airfilter, camshaft e.t.c. and they havent declared that so i wouldnt worry, as long as you have road tak, insurance and MOT ....enjoy

P.S on the subject of backboxes, what is the Janspeed Boxes like?? any good?

J

i had a sportex backbox on my old rover, its direct fit and has a nice subtle tone. None of this chavvy roar of a 1 litre corsa.

Product is still on the car as far as im aware and looks the nuts 3 years later :)

They will also provide free stickers if you email them! Just incase you like a shopping list on your car!

Haha I'm not to fussed about a shopping list on my car like :p
However I think I'll put some money away each week to save up for this like.
I think I WILL buy it.

What I got form Mike on the subject of mods, (in a nutshell) is If you have any undeclared mods and the PoPo happen to check/notice them they may follow it up. And do what they do best...Take money off you.

Back