Speedometer removal

Anyone done this yet? Have a few bulbs out. Tried removing the 3 screws. Couldn't pull speedo out, ended up cracking the plastic lens and now my odometer numbers are jumbled. Anyone know what I did wrong? Where can you get something like a Haynes manual for this? Been scouring the web for the last 4 hours with no luck.

To actually take the unit apart remove all screws and bend the metal tabs at the bottom around the odometer i think. Should come apart easy enough

Did you unclip the speedo cable from the firewall so you can pull the speedo from the dash. I had the same head scratch moment too.

Did you unclip the speedo cable from the firewall so you can pull the speedo from the dash. I had the same head scratch moment too.

AHA! No, didn't know to do that. Can't find any manuals or info in the states for this little beasty. Perused Youtube but came up empty handed. Are you knowledgeable about the carb? Seem to have a rich running condition. Since I'm in Texas (freaking hot, 97f , 36c) I'm betting the choke is my issue. Also, do you know if and or where the fuel filter is? Sorry to be a bother but info is so scarce here.
Thanks!

Back