speedo

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
don't bother, just contact the DVLA, tell them you have new clocks and make them aware of the new mileage. Clocking cars (changing the milage) is illegal.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
It isn't illegal at all, so no need to tell the DVLA.

The only person you need to tell is the insurance in the event of a claim, or the next owner of the car if your going to sell it.

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Changing the numbers on a set of clocks is illegal
changing the clocks for other clocks is not illegal, but DVLA need to know cos when you have your next MOT the mileage won't add up.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Your milage isnt tracked. My milage went back 90 thousand and no one battered an eyelid. My previous post is correct.

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Ok sorry, I had just heard that it was checked, hence very few people stick a drill on their gearbox to make the car lighter on the milage when it comes to selling

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
I did say it was illegal if you didnt tell the possible new owner it has been clocked, so you heard correct, but otherwise it's fine

solarice

Ex. Club Member
illegal if youre trying to mislead a potential buyer...

i take it your car doesnt have electric milage, cos that could cause problems (though im not sure how the electric version gets its miles)

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
cant you just buy the new clocks then take your speedo out and put it into the new set ? on the old k11s. this giving you your orignial mileage.