Speedo help :'(

Im just getting my car ready for m.o.t, so what i've done is knock the airbag light out,.... (because i have no airbag) the way i did it was cut the wire to the airbag warning light,

i then come to plug the harness back into the dail gauges and everything but my speedo works, (but the airbag light IS out)

It makes a funny clicking noise and drops to the clock when the ignition is off

does anyone know how i can fix it?

Im just getting my car ready for m.o.t, so what i've done is knock the airbag light out,.... (because i have no airbag) the way i did it was cut the wire to the airbag warning light,

i then come to plug the harness back into the dail gauges and everything but my speedo works, (but the airbag light IS out)

It makes a funny clicking noise and drops to the clock when the ignition is off

does anyone know how i can fix it?
Is the speedo cable plugged in correctly?

Silly question I know but fitting my cable back to the clocks was very fiddly

I dont know if this will help, but I feel I should input my issue. My lights only come on when the hand brake is on? You rekon that air bag light wire is a ground used for other bits on the dial?

I dont know if this will help, but I feel I should input my issue. My lights only come on when the hand brake is on? You rekon that air bag light wire is a ground used for other bits on the dial?
Quite possibly. I wouldn't ever cut wires unless i'm 100% sure I know what they do.

Personally, I would have removed the airbag light bulb!

when i say "i cut the wire" i cut it on the motherboard next to the lightbulb because you cant remove the bulb, its fixed on the board

Back