Speedo drive

Anyone know where I can get a new one cheapish, will ring nissan when I have money or does any one have a spare from a knackered gearbox?

Need one for preface box as theres nothing left on top since I went at it :( did eventually get it free but the wring way as its now inside the gearbox :(

Thinking for a temp fix I want to try taking wheel and strut off passebger side and split the gearbox enough to get it out then block the hole until I get one, anyone reckon that would be possible? Never took gearboxes apart so not my area tbh.

Failing that ill just have to get a used gearbox an swap it. Its annoying as I only wanted to put oil in it :(

If parts of the speedo have fallen in then from my experiences you are easier to buy another box with speedo drive. A speedo drive is around £30 from nissan where as you will only pay around this for a used box.

Took pass side wheel off, took strut bolt out, took driveshaft and batt tray out and managed to split it on engine, took the idler and gears out and got enough wiggle room on the diff to get the drive out.
Got it all back together and it seems to be ok and working, just need to make a bung for the drive until I get a new one :)

Back