• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Speedle's Project 10!

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Arnold, only if you can get the power down ;)

Well, this has the makings of a good national meet next year!

I'm quite confident i'l be able to get the power on the road. Little bandit had the same problem and still managed 11/12 second quarters!

I'll have less power, and more weight - so hopefully that'll help things :) The weight of the engine pushing the tyres down into the road?

I know Speedle is tempted to push his car further if it wasn't for potential gearbox / clutch problems!

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
Well, this has the makings of a good national meet next year!

I'm quite confident i'l be able to get the power on the road. Little bandit had the same problem and still managed 11/12 second quarters!

I'll have less power, and more weight - so hopefully that'll help things :) The weight of the engine pushing the tyres down into the road?

I know Speedle is tempted to push his car further if it wasn't for potential gearbox / clutch problems!

apprently as mentioned in another thread today the k11 early 1.0 gearbox may fit the k10 if it does more power will not be a problem :)

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
What about the clutch mate? Can you get a Nismo K11 one?

Pete, i've moved your post to my thread. Don't wanna take this one off topic too much :)

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
anything that is japanesse made and not a nissan part can handle more power my exedy (jap) cluthc holds the power perfectly well hasnt slipped once yet

K10

Ex. Club Member
great stuff speedle :) would you say your k10 is almost finished now?

looks like you chaps will have an interesting time down the pod, when were y'all thinking of going? me and a couple of mates were thinking of going RWYB in april ish time, would be good to see your cars there :)

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
better pics of the seats there without the sun getting in the way

DSC00795.jpg

works pretty well with the gsx trim i think :)

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
very nice seats indeed!!!! the "10" looks stunning mate!!! upgrades all over ur car give it that extra "touch" thats what you notice more, well i do in mine anyway.

that 8 secs roughly is very nice :)

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
i know im a picture whore but i polished hoover and generally loved the 10 this weekend :) so i had to share the shine!

DSC00798.jpg

and a nice clean interiror and some nice new mats :);

DSC00797.jpg

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
had the hover conversion done today :p

DSC00801.jpg

seriously though just had 4 new Falken fk512's fitted its amazing the difference new tyres makes feels like it has power sterring now, and grip which now means its quicker if only by a small margin :p

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Wayhey for new tyres...! Much better than the Kuhmo's, I may get some of those Falkens for my standard SR alloys...piccies of them would be great :)

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
report it for moderator attention :) il leave it there otherwise this post wont make any sense!

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
here ya go pete

they are great tyres nice amount of grip nice light steering and reduced the road noise a great deal!

DSC00807.jpg

mmmmmmmm fresh rubber! ;)

Lou

Ex. Club Member
brake calipers are hammerite gold if i remember correctly, so yes he has cleaned and painted them!! just been different instead of the old red!

matt, i need your help soon oh micra master, and i want another go in yours! i have my k11 shell, with cage, and the old sr20de lump i want to get in there, not the turbo, but still mega fun!! fed up of the 1.3 i had last time!!

but your k10 dude, superior! and you know i love your micra's, always do!

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
ALL that work and cleaning and you still haven't painted the brakes calipers a nice clean red =) you boob lol

the aim of this car is to "NOT LOOK LIKE A CHAV!" should i become a pikey in the near future ill be sure to paint them red. and dont call me a boob again kid!

the aim of this car is to "NOT LOOK LIKE A CHAV!" should i become a pikey in the near future ill be sure to paint them red. and dont call me a boob again kid!

How's it chavvy? It just looks cleaner than having oil and grease like mine lol. Should you become a chav/pikey in the near future i'll stop talking to you altogether =)

And why can't i call you a boob? Boobs are great, which if anything means i just complimented you =)

And yep, i'm a kid and i love it. nothing wrong with it. My dads 61 and no better than me so it seems to run in the family =)

daveeeeee

Ex. Club Member
Yeh thats what i was thinking keeps a nice balance between the black and white with the door posts being black oh and that nice new rubber :D how much were the tyres?

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Nothing wrong with painting calipers, if they're decent! Painting rear drums bright red is a bit sad, but black always looks good.

richj

Deactivated Account
what size alloys are you running matt? also what are the stats for the tyres? I've just got some 15's, need some tyres for them. where did you get your tyres & how much? cheers

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
so you may recall i mentioned i sheard a bolt in the head when fitting the 4-2-1, anyway i decided to get it sorted for piece of mine (even though it wasnt leaking) so new stud fitted now new exhaust manifold gasket (didnt have a new one at the time so reused the old one before)

spot the sheard bolt;
DSC00790.jpg

anyway all fixed and sorted properly now :) plus i wrapped the 4-2-1 in silver heat wrap which looks much better and also means the car permorms that little bit better :)

DSC00860.jpg

DSC00873.jpg

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Yours isn't stainless though is it? I've heard wrapping the exhaust like that will corrode it quicker.

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
the 4-2-1 isnt stainless no the rest of the zorst is, i doubt it will rust faster tbh its already in very good shape ill keep an eye on it tho :)