• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Speedle's Project 10!

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
It's a Foah kit. They made several different kits for the K10. You do see them changing hands on ebay / MSC and can also be found in scrappy's if your lucky

Corbs

Ex. Club Member
Ahh I see, I thought the foah sideskirts were flat is all. These look awesome.

Seriously thinking of a nice K10 like this as a cheap runabout, I loved my K11!

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
actually its just come to light that this kit is made by a company called Haselback in Japan they made kits for several cars including the starlet of the 80's, so its not a FOAH as once suspected ;)

pietro

Ex. Club Member
Looking good! You running a 1.2 ported engine too? When you going to get the car Dyno'd? :) 100bhp here you come!

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Keep up the good work. Can you not get a set of spacers for the wheels to push them out a bit? They look a bit to far in the arch at the mo in my opinion. Nice to see micra tuning has come on along way since I had mine. :p

Corbs

Ex. Club Member
Hey speedle, I was just looking a for a bit of info on your intake setup, what components are they? I understand you are using weber 34ICH but is it a DiY job? Also what was the rough cost of it all?
Many thanks
Corbs

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
hi mate they are actually twin 36's on a custom inlet manifold that was designed for the k10 ma10 engine by a german compnay called AM tuning. being a very rare item they wernt cheap, in the 6 years ive been on the MSC ive only ever seen 2 sets of these and i have one of them :p

it woulb be easy to repllcate the manifold but quite expensive, bike carbs are the cheapest option with good gains to be had

hi mate they are 36DCNF carbs not 34ich's 34's dont have a linkage avaliable as far as im aware in order to have them work as a pair, they are on custom manifold made by a german company called AM tunig, TBH i dont think we will ever see another set of these again in the UK, in the 7 years ive had k10's ive only ever seen pictures of these carbs until now.

Corbs

Ex. Club Member
Thanks for the info! Regarding the bike carbs - is a custom inlet manifold necessary and is this expensive? Who makes them?

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
it not expensive to be honest mate the inlet mai was made by bogg brothers i can remeber the prices as i didnt have it made myself but for the power gained it was cheap the whole setup cost around £250 that was for the manifold carbs etc

do a search mate im sure there is a contact number on here somewhere

4-2-1's on now

good news

cars even faster! its just getting scarey now :p

bad news

leaks at the joint to the exhaust and has mis-alligned the exhaust so i need to get a complete new custom exhaust, which i did need to do :( just more money!

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
shes booked in for a brand new Longlife exhaust on wednesday in basinstoke :D £259 for a complete system! bloody bargain! cant wait! then i just need to finsih the interiror with the super s seats ive got coming from arnold and weld up one of the sills and she'll be show ready :)

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
I didn't know they were so close to me, only a 15 min drive, might go there for my exhaust when I get serious about modifying.

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Lol, how much is the exhaust system gunna set you back if you don't mind my asking? Need to decide whether to ask the boss for a payrise or not lol.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Lol, how much is the exhaust system gunna set you back if you don't mind my asking? Need to decide whether to ask the boss for a payrise or not lol.

Gotta love being able to read :p

Speed. They may charge more if you have a 3" exit pipe or larger. I know 2.5" or below is included in the standard price.

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
Speed. They may charge more if you have a 3" exit pipe or larger. I know 2.5" or below is included in the standard price.

ill keep that in mind mate, im not after a loud exhaust at all in fact id like it to be quiet as long as it looks nice, i think the oval design i have at the mo suits the car very well so i may stick with that :)

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
new exhaust is now fitted looks great still leaking where the manifold joins the system though, this is the manifold fault tho, so im going to make a sleve for the mani to exhaust join that should make it airr tight :D

as for the longlife guys they were brilliant! lifetime garunteed and no need to take it for check ups like powerflow make you do ;)

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
will take some tommoz, ordered a lamda sensor blank for the manifold as i cant phsically fit the lamda sensor on. as a result the bodge ive done is leaking lol. ordered a new gasket head set so i can fit a fresh exhaust mani gasket too as i reuseed the orginal Which is fine but i like to be sure

i will be removing the manifold this weekend in order to sort it out once and for all!!!!! the new zorst i specifically asked to be quiet but it still has a lovely burble and looks friking awesome!! he he :D

Hi speedle!!! i remember the old white k10...... when you getting those vinyls sorted? will be back in pompey soon for good. should meet up for a drink yeh?

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
hey stu

yeah sounds good mate been a while! ;)

anyway update sorry for the pics but i feel like crap and cant really be arsed at the mo!

new seats (now i have a complete interior);

DSC00788.jpg

DSC00787.jpg

DSC00786.jpg

thanks for the seats rimmer :D, you may notice ive put a new steering wheel on too froma 100NX much better i think ;)

the k11 NME 4-2-1 manifold (engine bay needs a clean!)

DSC00791.jpg

New full stainless zorst thanks to the legends at long life zorsts!;

DSC00792.jpg

DSC00793.jpg

yummy!

the cars performance at the moment just keeps amazing me its just such a nice car to drive on the motorway now and up hills it actually accelarates in 5th gear!!!! you find me another 1.0 that does that and does it well ;) this car is nothing short of awesome!

i wont be adding anymore power mods to the car now as i think its perfect the way it is and i dont want to blow the gearbox. all i shall be doing now is tuning the carbs and job done!

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
good question the ma10 is a sronger engine and im using the MA10s which is 55bhp stock so were only talking 5bhp i will be having it rolling roaded soon to see what its running and have it tuned personally i think the ma10s will be better than the ma12 according to the german documents with the 36 carbs it takes a ma10 50bhp up to 70ps which is approx 69.8bhp so at a guess id say shes about 80-85bhp with the current mods with the 4-2-1 adding about another 10bhp.

still BHP means #### its the torque thats been increased the most and is the most impressive thing.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Yeah was fun going out in that the other day, sounds good and looks great! No probs about the seats, look after em! Did you fit the seatbelts too?

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
the rear blets are in but cant be used as the clips arent there :p the fronts i shall replace at the weekend :) and then ill hoover the car clean it up get some floor mats fit the 6x9's and bolt the rear bench down..... there goes my weekend :(

using a calculator on the interweb and guessing the bhp figure i came up with this, the 0-60 is nearly spot on;

and here are the figures (approx) for power to weight etc :) if power to weigh is anywehere near that id be very impressed rollling road session needs sorting asap

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 85
Weight without Driver (KG) : 655
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 131.85
0 - 60 (Secs) : 8.09
0 - 100 (Secs) : 24.39
60 - 100 (Secs) : 16.29
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 16.61
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 82.52
Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 16.41
Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 83.95

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
This I spotted you in Burgess Hill a couple of days back matey, but didnt manage to get near you as I was stuck by a rather slow HGV! Cars looking good :)

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
This I spotted you in Burgess Hill a couple of days back matey, but didnt manage to get near you as I was stuck by a rather slow HGV! Cars looking good :)

aye i was up there to pick up the super s seats mate :) shame i didnt see you ive yet to test the 10 against an 11 ;)

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
cant wait mate! its going to be a great time for the club! showing the world that 10's arnt slow anymore :D

to put the power to weight in perspective here is a stock ma10s (55bhp) PTW;

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 55
Weight without Driver (KG) : 675
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 82.79

think i got the weight wrong actually so....

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 85
Weight without Driver (KG) : 675
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 127.95
0 - 60 (Secs) : 8.31

and the ST;

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 110
Weight without Driver (KG) : 770
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 145.15
0 - 60 (Secs) : 7.43

remember these are just calculations its different in the real world :p maybe i will just change the cam :p he he

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
you can get it re-profiled mate Ed does this but you need to provide your cam in order to do this, luckily i have a spare ;)

according to my calculations (1000(kg) / 655(kg) * 85(bhp) ) = 129.77BHP Per Tonne! nice =) For all who wondered, to calculate your BHP, this is how

1000KG (1ton) / [Your Cars Weight] * [Your Cars BHP]

Sorted =)

/ means divide
* means multiply

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
aye i was up there to pick up the super s seats mate :) shame i didnt see you ive yet to test the 10 against an 11 ;)

Shame I'm going for forced induction in 2008.... :laugh: ;)

The K10 weighes as much as a box of matches, and as you reckon you're running 80bhp+ at the wheels then thats me out for the count!

Until next year :laugh:

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
do you know how much more the sr20 weighs compared to the ma10? with gearbox etc? i could work out your power to weight then ;)