Speedle's Project 10!

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
lol how can you call me young :p your the young one

"much to learn you have" ;)

i'll be bringing the cars to the big events soon/next year so hopefully it will look even better then :D

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
lol how can you call me young :p your the young one

"much to learn you have" ;)

i'll be bringing the cars to the big events soon/next year so hopefully it will look even better then :D

haha....crack up bud!!!!! :laugh:

"back chat, no where it gets you master!!!" haha

anyway...enough of star wars........lol

it should be going to events!!!! very nice and clean!!!! more plans!!!! what the....lol!!!

naps

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
aye more plans are afoot mate, onces shes got some guts (more power) im going to sort the interior out, fit a nice yet subtle sound system i've had my ridiculous bass days :p

so nice head unit re-do the door cards etc etc all the usual bits and bobs :)

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
sounds good!!!!!!

you going to try the "janspeed manifold" idea on this micra if dont mind me asking??
you still getting rid of the spoiler for a subtle super s one?

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
well some chap on here has already fitted a janspeed to his k10 now so yes ill defiantly be doing that so i'm on the lookout for a 2nd hand one so if you see one mate let me know :)

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
little update with the blacked door pillars and white door handles looks loads better IMO, might have to do the drivers door handle again tho didn't come out perfect, and perfects what i want :p
DSC00570.jpg

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
wee update, had these fitted for a while now but still nice to see;

DSC00618.jpg

CBR 600 bike carbs on custom inlet, should have my 4-2-1 this week i'm going to try and dress the engine bay this week as theres a big jap meet on sunday and i want to show her off :)

torque a plenty with this setup i can tell ya ;)

the inlet manifold i being shortened to allow for fitting an air filter hopefully sometime this week and the 4-2-1 will go on by Saturdays I'm hoping

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
few more updates;

doors, boot and rear wheel arches have now been sound-proofed (so much nicer to drive!) ive fitted a full GSX grey trim to the car now which makes it looks a million times tider, found a sunroof cover too now so the interior is almost complete. Mr2 seats in the pics if your wondering :).

So interior (ill get a better pic soon)
DSC00619.jpg

My Little Rear light mod which i did on my old k10 (a nice touch i think) :)
DSC00621.jpg

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
aye does buts its raining at the mo :( white mirrors will get done within the next week or so just need to drop em down the bodyshop ;) bleeding nags the lot of ya :p lol

just ordered my vented disc's so will be uprating the brakes at the weekend so ill make a wee guide for you k10 boys on how to do it :)

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
minor update;

Fitted vented disc's at a cost of £15 per disc ;)
and k11 March (JDM Micra) calipers, painted them in hammerite copper which seems to go nicely with the wheels. my mate picked the color wasn't sure at first but happy now ;)

braking is much improved and the nasty k10 brake fade is a thing of the past!

pics;

DSC00626.jpg

DSC00625.jpg

DSC00635.jpg

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Nice work mate, looks very tidy. Either get the mirrors white or mix the black and white up and get a black vinyl roof, and do the mirrors gloss black? Could look cool. Looks good though, still got a soft spot for white micras lol!

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
indeed, you can buy them new for £45 a piece luckily sonic was selling the ones from his march, so i got them for £45 the pair (bargain!) BTW sonic what brakes do you have on the march now?

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
ok chaps bit of an update;

the webbers are on, not running to badly either considering they are not tuned at all. SO! as i may have mention earlier in my thread when i had the bike carbs fitted i went for a test drive with my mates Polo GT to see what sort of difference the bike carbs had made.

she kept up ok with the polo on the bike carbs but he'd always pull away in the end (im sure with proper tuning the bike carbs would be better).

anyway last night we found some nice private long roads and tested it out again, needless to say im still grinning, up to 80mph theres nothing in it almost evenly matched after that the k10 starts to pull away at quite a rate ;)

either way a 1.0 matching and then beating a 1.3 thats running over 80bhp is quite impressive! cant wait to get that 4-2-1 fitted! :D best get a new gearbox soon too the input shaft is getting a bit too noisey for my liking.

no pics of the webers on yet (not without the air pan in the way) gonna clean the entire engine bay this week and post some pics :)

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
Ok some action shots!

so the alternator was boned! and crap and covered in oil and god knows what;
DSC00675.jpg

pulled the old girl out for a nice modern version I had sitting in the garage;
DSC00677.jpg

performance is now much improved my electrical fault is now sorted, got a nice new battery as well so she's got her spark back!

Next I decided to clean 18 years of crud away, before;
DSC00682.jpg

after!
DSC00683.jpg

and fitted my new filters;
DSC00685.jpg

hopefully Thursday the exhaust manifold will be fitted, as if it isn't already quick enough! :p

more to come later! :D

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
its a facelift one all the alternators are the same on the 1.0 and 1.2 they just sometimes have a different pulley wheel ;)

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
timed a 0-60 run last night and taking into account human error and speedo inaccuracy the time was.............. *drum roll* 9.8 seconds! :D IIRC stock 0-60 is 15.7????

4-2-1 goes on tomorrow come on 8 seconds!!!!! :p

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
a micra lol! they were designed by AM-Tuning in Germany along with the custom inlet manifold specifically for the MA10 engine, i bought them of pietro last month best money i ever spent!

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
aye you do that mate! lol get them setup on a rolling road mate as there plenty more power to be had from them than i had ;) and probably better MPG too if they were setup

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
My car used about 220 per tank (average) on a hitachi, so that's not bad. Its amazing how bad MPG can get when the carb goes wrong. Mine used to be worse than Ed's ST! 1/4 tank in 32 miles lol.

How does the car run MPG on webers compared to bike carbs?

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
My carb needs setting up, it's running a bit rich but I still get great fuel economy. Might just wait til I get a weber carb.

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
My carb needs setting up, it's running a bit rich but I still get great fuel economy. Might just wait til I get a weber carb.

the weber 34ICH gives amazing economy, i managed 100miles from 1/4 a tank coming back from santa pod i was cruising at 60 but it was bloody worth it lol

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Nice, unfortunately most of my driving is round town. Still with a little setting up it could be a good mod. My good:cheap crap ratio is beginning to level out....

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
ok some pics! and a vid of the acceleration you must forgive the camera work its hard to drive and film, please note this was recorded on a road where the legal speed limit is 70mph so no laws were broken..... (this time :p) and i had to steer at one point hence it being wonky :p ill take a proper 0-60 vid later when someone can film for me :D

Attachments

• MOV00691.3GP
    235.1 KB · Views: 367

Corbs

Ex. Club Member
Grr.. thats it... I love your car... I WANT your car!

By the way... do you know exactly what the bodykit is called? Is it available?

Thanks!