• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Speedle's Project 10!

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
Well thought i'd make a blog as i like that sort of thing and the car is a work in progress

so i got this little gem of ebay for the princely sum of £300 (managed to haggle a few quid off :p). i got it mainly due to the fact it was sporting a very rare k10 body kit which looks the don, and knowing i had a donor k10 with a perfact engine i wasn't fused if the engines was ######ed (which it wasn't despite 103k on the clock);

31df_1.jpg

2ff3_1.jpg

she made the 80 mile drive home without problem, however once home i found the rear and gearbox engine mounts had perished and part of the rear mount had broken. TBC

next the stickers were removed from the car and the car was face lifted to make it look a bit more pleasing to the eye :);

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

DSC00082.jpg

So... the engine! one early morning and 4 hours later me and my mate fitted a new engine/gearbox from out donor car (pictured here) :p as you can see we didnt leave much more than a mess lol;

DSC00246.jpg

so now she sports a very low millage ma10 and 5 gears instead of 4! NICE! ;)

Next! i replaced both front wishbones and all the shocks and springs. i fitted KYB shocks and lowering springs -35mm the difference to the handling is immense!!! made the car great fun to drive, the full shocks and springs cost £150 delivered thank you internet :D

at the same time i rolled the rear arches and re-painted and rust treated them so they look lovely and new again :);

DSC00432.jpg

cracking!

next i fitted a powerflow back box i had from the donor car, originally from my first ever k10, sounds loud! but still goes slow! lol, ive polished the tip since so its shiny! :D;

DSC00449.jpg

that exhaust was made to fit with this body it as i had this rear part on my old k10 once upon a time.

i also stripped the rear seats and belts out as it was unnecessary for me :), fitted super s seat belts (black), toyota MR2 mk2 seats and super s carpet! bye bye old man smell :p. and fitted super s dials;

DSC00452.jpg

i'll get some pics of the seats later on ;)

my last piece of work was painting the front bumper as it was a mess;

DSC00454.jpg

Much better!

next i will be painting the rear bumper, i also need some new doors as they have seen better days and its easier to replace them rather than ###### about sorting them...

also i need to get round to fitting my n13 sunny carb... so much to do!

i've missed out loads more but you get the idea! more updates to come soon :D

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
lol a man of few words james but as always good ones! she need some elbow grease when polishing but i'm confident i'll get her looking even better! when i have time to clean it. its still not been washed since i bought it lol

oh heres my other little work in progress :p

DSC00460.jpg

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
Speedle....that K10 is LUSH and that MR2 is also stunning!!!!!

lucky *** lol!!!!!!

(quick spec on MR2 please? import?)

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
cheers nap!

aye the mr2 is quick mate even thought its an N/A its running 185bhp at the mo (its a rev 3 so 173bhp standard), :) and the k10 is about 55bhp ! LMAO! i sometimes think im mad having such different cars but hey i love the micra always will.

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
cheers nap!

aye the mr2 is quick mate even thought its an N/A its running 185bhp at the mo (its a rev 3 so 173bhp standard), :) and the k10 is about 55bhp ! LMAO! i sometimes think im mad having such different cars but hey i love the micra always will.

no problem mate!!!!

cheers for the quick spec!! lovely MR2 tho..cant get over that!!! (well im going to have too lol)

next plans then for either of the beasts???

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
mr 2 is staying as is for now i mean as is its an awesome machine so why change jap perfection :p

as for the 10 well lots left to do mainly cosmetics at the moment then i'll start pushing some power out of her, my mate is going to make me up a new inlet manifold shortly so i can fit some bike carbs.

going to have a chat with him tomorrow about that, i already have an inlet thats suitable but its welded to the bike carbs!!!! god know's why as you have rubber mounts on the carbs to fit it up to the inlet. but thats another story! lol so ill be using that as a template to make the other inlet...... so much to do! so little time :p you just watch mate ill be pushin k11's up the road in no time :D

stay tuned should have the carbs fitted by the end of the month :)

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
:p you just watch mate ill be pushin k11's up the road in no time :D

i will hold you to that :grinning: lol!!!

i will be interested to know how you get on with the bike carbs!! :wasntme:

they simple to fit after inlet manifold is built / made? re-map at all??

cheers

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
aye its a piece of #### mate, my good friend paul who was the first to do this has given me all the info i need, he's also donated plenty of spare engine parts and the orginal bike carb manifold to me for free to help get it all sorted.

the k10 ma10 has no mapped ignition so no re-map just a rolling road session to get it tuned up

but pauls k10 accelerated up hills at very good speed i cant say what due to forum rules but there was a 1 and a 5 in the mph and im not talking 15mph ;)

the bike carbs is a proven power gain, judging from how fast the k10 was id say at least 25-30bhp if not more from that alone and they wernt even tuned!!!!!! scared the life out of me!

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
aye i thought you'd like it ed i remember you saying once upon a time that was one of your favorite k10 bodykits ;) it certainly is my favorite!

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Yeah its nice and retro, works really well with the shape of a K10. Give me one of them and a big chunk of BHP and it would be fantastic!

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
more piccys!

stripped out rear, going to clean up the odd rusty bit and paint that up nice;
DSC00463.jpg

The mr2 seats (apologies for the messy interior still need new door cards);
DSC00462.jpg

very comfy and lower sitting position :)

Shiney zorst and another front/rear :) ;
DSC00469.jpg

DSC00465.jpg

DSC00466.jpg

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
two jacks?????

like the seats and steering wheel.

i couldnt believe the difference just by changing the "front grill"!!!! 100x better imo!!!

front bumper without blue looks ace (Y)
back one left to do???

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
well on that note Nap just been down to my local bodyshop who did my two, and the owner has offered to respray the entire kit for a few hundred if i help remove and prep it. maybe even as soon as this saturday!!! chuffed! :D then we can G3 the entire car and get her gleaming!

Your front number plate isnt much good facing backwards inside the car :p

lol it keeps coming unstuck from the window, im waiting for a correct sized (i.e Jap) plate for the front bumper to turn up... should be here in a day or 2

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
spray the whole kit?????

it looks absoultly stunning from those pics (above)??

whats wrong with paint job if dont mind me asking??

not just easier to spray rear??

just asking mate thats all :wasntme:

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
the fibreglass valances are covered in stone chips and the rest of the kit has a very very poor paint finish on it if you saw it in real life you see what i mean and theres the odd crack here and there. it needs it trust me, although even the painter said i did a good job on the front bumper :D

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
even the painter said i did a good job on the front bumper :D

i was going to say that lol.....

the whole car looks lush in white..must just be the pics cause it looks fine...i can see the crack above the fog light?

anyway its ur beasty K10.....so do what u must to have her / him / it (lol) looking even more stunning.....may even show up the MR2 after the respray :blush:

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
just got of the phone to Paul mate of ours has found a black super s in a local scrap yard!!!! god this day is getting better! going down Saturday to strip the interiror out! woot!!!

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
u are having a good day lol!!!

ok...i didnt think i wanted the back seats in ur k10? and u have MR2 seats?

i guess its a bargain anyway just to get them even if u didnt put them in ur micra?

or are u just fitting the front seats?

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
aye mate if not for me then someone on here will want the bits, i'm after the dash really and possibly the arch extentions.

you can never have enough spares! :p

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
aye mate if not for me then someone on here will want the bits, i'm after the dash really and possibly the arch extentions.

you can never have enough spares! :p

alright cool....just wondered that was all!

agree with the last comment....if i had space or a garage i would have no problem building up a collection of spares and odd bits lol!!!

they can come in hand!!!

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
update time!!

so the cars out of the bodyshop now after having the bodykit re-painted (the rear bumper needs doing again but no biggy) cost me £100 for the lot as i did most of the prep work :D

next (well next day) i went over the car with some 2000 grade wet and dry and removed every mark scratch and blemish from the paintwork and turned it from grey/white to white white :D, i then washed the car and took it back to the bodyshop who were kind enough to let me one of their mop's.

so after a crash course in using a mop i cracked on, an hour later i could actually see reflections in the car!!!!! lol something it didn't have before :p no good pics yet these are the only ones i have;

bodykit fitted after painting wasnt moped at this point;
DSC00495.jpg

no stonechips here guv!;
DSC00494.jpg

Moped and shiney!!! ;
DSC00514.jpg

and one more (pre moped) shows the correct size number plate fitted to the bumper :D;
DSC00490.jpg

ill get some better pics once the weather cheers up :)

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
want an mr2 turbo and i need all the money i can get :)

like i said tho im in no hurry to get rid of her quite happy to have it for another year or two but if someone offers what i want for it ill part with it

K10

Ex. Club Member
Looks great speedle, shame its for sale though :(

Enjoy the GTE powered MR2, me mate used to run a standard rev3 GTS and it was one of the quickest road cars i've been in. Great machine :)

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
NO!!!!!!!!! you cant sell mate :down: well.....its not my decision!!!!

just wondering where about are you located if dont mind me asking???

my apologies for saying this but:
"£600 is a fair amount of money, but is it really enough to add to your MR2 project....and worth selling your lush k10 for???.....as in.....will it buy everything you need...cause i just feel that selling up isnt the answer if its just a quick money fix"

im sorry
napster

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
well selling the 2 is on hold for now, i paid £3700 for it last year and they are going for about £2400 now! cant believe how much the private car market has collapsed! ####es me right off!!!!! cos i wont sell her for that little.

anyway picking up some new wheels for the 10 on Friday :) and i need to find a new boot so i can fit the super s spoiler i dont like the current one i know other love it but i don't so its going. its to in your face for me

thing is i enjoy fixing the k10 most of all getting heaps of crap and turning them in lovely machines again :p

James

Chairman
It's a sign. Never sell your Micra on again. All you'll do is buy another one a couple of years down the line anyway :p

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Agree with james, you'l regret it AGAIN. Just keep it! Will be a classic soon, and that one looks to be in excellent condition.

Twin foah spoilers rule :p

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
It's a sign. Never sell your Micra on again. All you'll do is buy another one a couple of years down the line anyway :p

yup i know your right i'll shutup now and keep my 80's classic :p

Agree with james, you'l regret it AGAIN. Just keep it! Will be a classic soon, and that one looks to be in excellent condition.

Twin foah spoilers rule :p

aye for an 89 she's in very good nick few more bits here and there and she'll be perfect :)

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
some new wheels now thanks to Pete ;) she looks awesome now over the moon with the wheels :D

Attachments

• DSC00556 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00556 (Medium).JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 457
  • DSC00559 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00559 (Medium).JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 514

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
speedle you need to mod the bumper, cut out the slates either side of the number plate and it'll look alot better

oh and colour code, the only k10 thats looks better when colour coded is the white ones,

then clear side repeater, and all 3 rear windows limo tint, then it'll look the muts nuts

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
aye they are k10 ;)

door handles are now color coded using my pateneted vinyl technique :p some of you old msc peeps may recall that was back in the day ;0

and the door pillars (bit next to the rear window) are now black i'll post some more pics later, going to get some side repeaters next and do my little color code on the rear lights ;)

oh! and i sound proofed the front doors and rear 1/4 panels its so much nicer to drive and closing the door doesn't sound like a piece of tin anymore lol good old roof flashing tape! :D i can actually hear the stereo on the motorway now lol

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
OH MY GOD!!!!!! THATS EVEN MORE ABSOLUTLY STUNNING WITH THOSE WHEELS SPEEDLE!!!!!

LOVELY K10 MATE
!!!
(Y)

are you selling it with the wheels if you dont mind me asking? if at all now!!

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
woah :D what a beast :D i really like that, its got that proper retro look :D soo clean to well done :D

March ST lump in there with the ST bonnet, clear indicators at the front and march rear lights. thats all i'd change about it.

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
wont need a march st lump mate ;) soon as the gearbox is strengthened/changed it'll be running as much power as an ST if not more ;)

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
nope not selling it now mate, not now not ever :p

thanks napster anyone would think you like it lol

like it........i love it mate!!!!

(this is where i use my jedi mind trick)

"k10 give napster you must, or fight prepare young speedle" haha!!!!! :laugh:

only joking mate!!! at least your not selling it now...good move imo!!!!

ull find money for your MR2!!!!!