Speed Camera Locations

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
I've made this a sticky for you.

Just altered the link and text slightly, good idea to post this up.

thanks
Kev

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
Think I got caught by a camera today :glare:

Blacked out windowed camera partnership van at the bottom of a hill on some dual carrigeway... I was going 55 till I saw it fwn (50 limit) so fingers crossed they wont send me a fine...

M

m1ck97

I've got tomtom in my car, which i'll usually use if I dont know the area, got all the latest speedcamera's on that. You can also get it to show certain attractions you wish to show (pubs/ petrol stations/ car parks etc). Its a great toy (well worth the 150 i payed for it!)

M

m1ck97

It does beep sometimes where there isnt a speed camera. So yes i assume some of the more common places are in the database!

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
James i really think thats well worth paying. We could even go halfs and share the updates, or get ten people in a group buy and only pay £2 each!! lol

The free database on that site does have mobile locations and tom tom does alert you to these. Very useful to have. The only thing having the out of date database is it says there's gatso's where they arent (roadworks etc) and it doesnt have them where they are!! You cant rely on the information within it so keep your eyes peeled on the roads for ones it misses out.

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
i use roadpilot. It is gps based and you update it via internet and if u find a new camera which i have u get £20 off ur subscription. Its every year and costs £60 but worth it. The micro version ive got comes with a laserpilot now which detects laser guns etc. Well worth the investment.

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
Devices that detect the signals by radar thingy are illegal now in the UK, however, speed camera detectors that are running from a database are fine.

I just personally update my Tom Tom for free :p

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Speed Cameras wont flash unless ur 10% + 2 over the limit. eg 35 in a 30mph limit wont flash. so 55 in a 50 ull be fine. :)

R

RIK

Andy_S said:
Speed Cameras wont flash unless ur 10% + 2 over the limit. eg 35 in a 30mph limit wont flash. so 55 in a 50 ull be fine. :)

thats because all speedos arent accurate enough..so if your going 35mph thru a 30mph camera it will probably get you as your speedo could be out

why would you want to go through it a couple of mph faster risking 3 points and a fine?