speed cam??

dose any one no if the speed cams in the back of the police vans flash if your speeding?
it is just i went past one and it didn't flash and i was not stoped further down the road ither
got any ideas
chears

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Well the only answer to that is don't speed, there's no need for it, if you're late you should have left earlier

superls

K10 Tuner
how much over the limit were you, the insurance on my mates golf went from 600 to 900 with 3 points clocked doing 71 mph on the motor way in a 50mph zone.

but for example if you were twice over then bye, bye licence

superls

K10 Tuner
what was the limit, cos i know some forces alow a 10% leeway, so if the limit was 50 or even 40 you may be alright, and if you have standard size wheels on your speedo reads over anyway so if it says 55 your probably only doing 51 ish,

so fingers crossed you may be alright

Joe.Powell

Ex. Club Member
Yea, try and get a sat nav in your car, drive at 50 mph by the clock, see what it says your doing on the sat nav, personally I think its a good thing, If I drive at tad over ie. 55 on the clock, im normally alright for speeding.

TredderK11

Ex. Club Member
It takes a maximum of 14days I got caught less then a month after driving and it's aweful waiting for the NOIP to come through. How long have you been driving you may have to be very very careful otherwise bye bye licence

capnmchl

Ex. Club Member
They only have a limited time to act on it I believe. Not sure how long.

It might not of been a speed camera. Could of been an ANPR van or just doing a speeding survey.

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
the k10 speedo is so inaccurate id expect you'll get away with 4-5 miles over the speed limit mate, but as the chaps have said prob just an ANPR van checking number plates so dont worry too much :)

yer that is a goood point lol
it was probs coz i just fited a new suspention kit and was a bit heavy footed round bends lol
but hopefely it was a ANPR
chears

Antony

Ex. Club Member
theres a bypass near me with no central reservation, dual carriage way. couple of years ago two young girls were killed instantly by a madman careering across three lanes and into a local park.
so now they have reduced the speed limit and put up two brand new speed cameras......... they were due to be switched on yesterday and someone has burned one of them and spray painted the other.

a sign has gone up on the roundabout at the end saying that. you cant catch a criminal with a speed camera

the man in the car had been banned for 12 years, had no licence, had stolen the car, had smack on him, was drunk, was racing another car and had 6 other people in the car with him............. catch that with a speed camera.

but you are probs right, it will have been an anpr van.

heres a tip....most of the police mobile camera units (van or traffic car) are fitted with
1. a camera
2. the signal from the camera is then routed to 4 auxillary systems:
a. a video recorder
b. a monitor
c. an anpr system with a radio link to the national database.
d. a speed evidence collection system (either automatic<radar or immage processing>...or manual <a button that is pressed as you pass two fixed locations>

for vans, there is often a traffic car or two up ahead and if your driving is dangerous then the police will stop you up the road.....if its minor then a ticket in the post....depending on the traffic and the officers mood you may have been ignored

Stani1029

Club Member
i once had a cheaper quote with 6 points, that was with quinn direct...i never did take it as i already had a policy but i checked all the details and they were fine

Stani1029

Club Member
or get to know where the vans sit and dont speed at those points lol there will be speed camera signs, or a straight section of road with white squares at each end and within those points a camera van or traffic car

My only advice is (and I am not condoning speeding) if you do see a van, BRAKE! sometimes it works.... ;)

OBSERVATIONS FIRST?!!!!!!....(ALLAROUND!)

safe to brake? (yes) then brake.....try not to lock a wheel or let the car tug neer or off side (attracts attention)

safe to brake? (no) do whatever NOT to make the situation worse....not worth stuffing sombody else or yourself just to save on the fine & points

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
Yeah I agree, a quick look behind should not go a miss (although in the eyes of insurance, it would be the guy behinds fault!) but still, fairs fair.

As for locking up... you'd be amazed. They really are only catching speeders. I am sure you could drive past raping a cat and they wouldnt really care...

capnmchl

Ex. Club Member
Aren't some councils and police forces ditching the Gatzo's now because they cause more accident's. People will brake suddenly for them, not caring who's behind.