Specs?

C

Civvy

Hi guys, havent got a micra yet but considering one for the wife.
I want to get a spare engine from the scrapyard as a project.
Obviously thinking of the K11 ....is that the chassis or the engine code??
Just wondering what mods i may consider but can't find any specs on the engine so far. wonder if you guys could help?

1.0L & 1.3L

whats the C.R? Sroke etc..

an ex of mine had one and it was single point injection if i remember correctly, did nissan make any multi port injected engines for this car?

At first i was thinking of turboing the 1.0L just to see how it would compare to those 1.0L Turbo Diahatu charades (if anyone remembers them?) they were only 3 cyl. surely we can do better with a 4cyl. Honda designed a prototype S1000 which was only a 1.0L N.A with 125HP!!! ..but never launched it.

I've realised they don't make a Turbo kit for the Micra which surprises me considering its a very popular car. Therefore I don't think i'll go that route because all the customising will put me well over budget for "the wifes car" he,he

Are the two engines (1.0L / 1.3L) Interchangable to the same chassis?

Do they share the same block and the 1.3L is just a bored out 1.0L?

Does the stock ECU control the timing aswell?

How much does a Micra weigh?

I'm thinking of a high revving 1.0L (for its shorter stroke and good R/S) maybe take .40 thou from the head, adjustable sprockets, recut valve seats, flat faced valves, new springs and retainers to go with some mild cams. Header, de-cat, rear silencer and a capable ECU.
I'll keep the block mild with just a blueprint unless its really low mileage or the CR is really low.
Wierd why these little engines arent producing more power from the factory considering theyre Japaniese.

All that work and only the exhaust to give it away! really would be interested in what these ikkle cars weigh. Surely a cheap set of EBC Greens would be enough to stop one of these ...on small wheels and stripped out ;-)

- John

Hi & welcome to the MSC :)

K11 is the chassis code :)

Here are some specs i've been writing out on the CG10 and CG13 (Codes for the 1.0 and 1.3):
http://wiki.micra.org.uk/index.php/Nissan_CG_Engine

Both engines are 16 valve Multi Point Injection :)

I believe all CG-series engines before 2000 had identical mount points on, and quite a few 1.0 to 1.3 conversions have been done in the past.

As for weight and stopping them, I think they weigh about 820kg and brake conversions (Pulsar GTI-R etc) aren't too difficult for someone that knows what they are doing :)

Cam-wise, you can go for a few, the names of most of them escape me right now, although I got some Piper Ultimate Road Cams off ebay for £108 for my 130bhp 1.3 project :)
23-cams.jpg

I'm sure others on here can help more, but hopefully this gives you a bit of insight into the world of Micras and tuning them :)

Welcome again,
James :)

hi welcome to the forums, im sorry i cant help you much, i own a 1.0 litre micra (CG10DE engine), its the later one with coilpacks and is 59 bhp (which i thought was a lot for a 1 litre..) i think the earlier CG10DEs are 55bhp. (Both of those figures are for factory engines).

As far as i know all CG10/CG13 engines are multi-point injection twin-cam 16 valve..

The CG10/CG13 s are interchangeable in the same chassis if its a pre-facelift micra (im 90% sure).

Im sure loads of other people will be able to hel you more with your questions on here.
:)

Thanks James, cool that helps. Glad about the multi-port injection.
Maybe i am mistaken about my ex's being SPFi.
didnt think about them having solid discs. I imagine the Pulsars are vented although I'd like to stick to small wheels if poss.
Thanks again!

Hi Civvy and Welcome..

firstly...
Do u own a civic? or a Honda? it seems as though u do from your name and wot u refer to in your post?
Are you trying to compare the s1000 1.0 n/a 125bhp to a Micra??

btw..
You can buy Turbo Kits for the Micra..
Personally speaking, I'd go for a 1.3 K11 its more powerful and you'd be suprised with its performance :)

Umar

I've owned a lot of Civics yes and i'm a Honda fan. I've got a Mk1 Crx atm 1.6 125bhp. weighs about the same as the micra 849kgs.
As you may guess from that Power to weight is very important to me.
I'm interested in the small Micra's because of there all aly 16v FI engines.
but i know nothing about them in terms of tuning or how they respond to mods.
I'm guessing they woulnt be too hard to reach a 100HP

Any links for the turbo kit?

Back