Speakers

L

Lamont

Hey, im looking to put sum basic speakers in the back of my micra, most likely in a stealth shelf, and was just curious how easy it would be to wire up ?

Double check to see if the wire is there, it should be, put out the carpet behind the right rear light and you should see a plug there

Hey,

i've had a quick look where u said and there was no sign of speaker cables. How easy is it to run cables back to allow speakers to be installed in the back ?

Thanks,

Lamont

Easy peasy. You will need to get the wires into the back of the headunit first (you may not be able to do this on a std headunit) and then follow the line of the glovebox to get it to the passenger side, at the front of the door there is a triangular(ish) pannel, this is held on by a screw plug and a screw, undo these and then you will be able to lift up the trim holding the carpet down (a rubbery strip) and then lift up the carpet to reveal the tunnel that exisating wiring goes down, feed it through this and then you will have to feed it under the rear bench (easiest done if you remove the back rest) and then you can run it to your shelf or behind the trim in the boot. You may as well put power, RCA and remote lead down at the same time if you are planning on putting a sub in the back, remember to run power and speaker cables down different sides though :)

Cheers mate, now i've just got to make sure ive got the money for it now lol.

Back