Speaker Question

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
Hey guys just a quick question...i no its probally a really noobish question, but i mean i have no knowledge of car audio at all lol..

so basicaly what i was wondering is : I currently have a Sony Xplod(XR-CA630X) stereo with standard front nissan speakers. I also have a set of 300w JVC speakers that i wonna put in the boot. It says on the front of my stereo that there is 50w x 4 sign. So i was just wondering if i would be able to hook these speakers up (without an amp), and if i did would there be any problems??

Hope this makes scenes, if it doesnt please feel free to ask me any questions. Thanks again people!!!

Yeah, if you want really good quality then amp them. That 300w figure is a hugely blown up max figure, the real input would probs be around 100w maybe less. My 250w 6x9's were fine with my 35w output stereo

300 will be the max rating. This rarely important.

The important part is the RMS rating. This is the average power the speakers will use.

Ah wicked thanks lads... i was hoping that would be the case cos i cant afford to be forking out for an amp. Just gotta get myself some cables (unless theres some in the box, cant remeber now) and make myself some boxes!!

Thanks again!! XD

Hey guys, thanks for all of the advice once again, BUT i do have another question lol... I went to pull the stereo out today and realised that it isnt as easy as i fort it was...to the point that well...i cant fingure how to get it out, so i took some piccys, so if anyone can point me in the right direction i would be eternaly greatfull lol.....

Photo0044.jpg

Photo0043.jpg

Photo0042.jpg

OH BTW....these are the speakers : http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/6715.html
And they come with 2 different types of cables.1 is grey and the other is white, is that all i need to connect between the stereo and the speakers?

Get 2 long thin pieces of metal ( I use knives) slide them down the sides of the stereo and it should just slide out, or you can get the proper keys, but knives are more fun

Kool, so i just slide the 2 knives down the side of the black bit or down beside the silver cage? ...god this must be tedious for yah, sorry mate lol

Slide the knives down either side of the stereo, between the metal cage and the stereo itself. This will 'unlock' the stereo from the cage and allow you to pull it forward. The cage will them remain where it is. (Y)

Yup as above, sometimes you have to move the knives about a bit first to locate them on the locks correctly, I'm sure I have a legitimate reason for knowing this...:p

There is another way to wire your speakers up without going through your headunit
all you have to do is wire the rear speakers to the speakers in your door, this will send the signal straight through them so u don't have to mess around taking your HU off

I would advise against using the stock loom for doing rear speakers, and run some better quality cable. I spent a while naively believeing that the nissan wiring was fine, when in fact that was the reason my speakers sounded so crap.

Back