Spark plug replacement on 160SR

First off hello to everyone in the club!

I have owned my 160SR for 5 years and 60k troublefree miles. I have done my own servicing on it for the past couple of years and the time has come to replace the spark plugs, but it seems the inlet manifold has to be removed to access the plugs! Has anyone done this before who could give any advice/look outs before i get started?
Thanks.

iirc the sr has the hr16de lump same as the note.

the plugs are not cheap for the HR as there resistive type, yep the inlet manifold top half has to come off so it may be worth getting some spare gasket(s) just in case you knacker one

i will have dig through the esm for you

sorry for the delay

most of it is common sence the manifold is held by 5 nuts that bolt it to the head at the front the back of the manifold is secured by 2 supports 1 either side (undo 2 bolts on the manifold) you also need new gaskets 1 for the front and one where the tb bolts to the back right of the manifold

hrinlet.png

Thanks for the reply!,
The weather was bad yesturday so i'll give it a go this weekend! I'll post up some pictures when i'm done. Oh, and yes the plugs are expensive at £12 each!!
I forgot to ask about the tightening order of the manifold bolts, so thanks for the diagram, should make the job pretty straight forward
Thanks again.

Thread removed - I'm a dumbass. It's already on the articles section :).

i looked the plugs up the other day cheapest i could find them are £10.52 each. the tighting order is the same as removal, get the bolts hand tight the do them up starting from the middle to spread the load evenly

Back