Spark plug problem...

J

JamieGti

Hey guys,

Just a "quick" question about spark plugs for the ol' 1 litre block:
I need a new set of plugs for my daily hack (Micra K11) and was wondering if anyone can recommend some decent (reliable) ones without going overboard on price? I'm replacing the whole ignition system; from the battery, fuse box, dizzy cap and HT leads... hopefully I can squeeze a wee bit of extra MPG?
I'm thinking it's worth the money as the electronics are starting to oxidise...

Also: Has anyone ever had their ignition fuse COMPLETELY melt? It's also affecting the headlight fuse! I was surprised to find this the other day when I opened the cover because she wouldn't start! Is this a regular problem? I'll get a picture of it later on.

Thanks, It's a bit of a read for my first thread, apologies!

-JamieGti [/SIZE]

Fuse problem is becomming more of an issue, it seems nissan made a mistake here because thats the first thing I would now check after battery and stuff has proved to be ok when an engine refuses to start. Just go for the nissan recommended plugs they wont be expensive. Dont forget to change the rotor arm as well.

Ed

Thanks for the reply Ed! It's much appreciated,

I'm going to replace the whole fuse box located at the front of the battery. Like I said, the whole thing has practically melted! The headlight fuse is burnt on and the connector for the ignition fuse is pretty rough... i had to squeeze the fuse in and hope for the best. It looks like the location of this box wasn't thought up by someone of higher intellegence, it seems to be getting water logged on really wet days.

The battery is flat, it's 8 years old and lets face it, whoever had the car first hasn't been maintaining it.

I've got the whole dizzy cap and rotor arm at a decent price so that's that problem sorted! :grinning:

Should I just pick these plugs up at a dealor?

Thanks again!

-JamieGti

Any local motorfactors will have a listing for recommended sparkplugs. You dont want anything fancy.

Ed

One more thing, you seem to be the expert?
The nut arrangement for micra wheels... it's 4x100?

Thanks,

-JamieGti

Back