Spare key cut K11 2000 (x)

C

collyg999

My daughter has just bought a micra 's' it has come with only one key. We obviously need to get one cut as a spare.

We have no handbook for the car, its supposed to be in the post...

Is there an easy way of knowing whether its just a matter of having a blank cut or is there a chip in the key and therfore the high st key cutters won't be able to help.

I am wary of dealers and the prices they charge....

The key has a small blue section on the plastic bit at the top if that helps.

Thanks for any help

your micra has mk.2 nats fitted into the key. The only way to get the key is to go to a dealer im afraid. I've lost a key for one of my K11's, i politely turned down getting another key cut as they wanted £150 (2 years ago, may be cheaper now)

Mike

mike said:
your micra has mk.2 nats fitted into the key. The only way to get the key is to go to a dealer im afraid. I've lost a key for one of my K11's, i politely turned down getting another key cut as they wanted £150 (2 years ago, may be cheaper now)

Mike

is the mk2 nats the same as the one on the 1997 models? i made a spare key a few weeks ago for £29 from a place in sutton coldfield, b'ham

That happened to my old micra, I never got a spare key with it and the handbook is in the post. After a heated debate with the garage I got my spare key ie -one without a chip, so I could open the doors, then the key with the chip in it got bent. But as I knew somebody at the garage I got a new coded key made for nothing.

Hi, Guys,

I am new to this club and have a question about the NATS key. I know there are two codes for the key fob: one for the NATS (remote control) and another code for the key. Is this key code for just cutting the blade?

Many thanks!

ylmicra

I had that prob. but found a guuy who took freq of my old key and put it into a chipped key all for a whooping 12quid

ylmicra said:
Hi, Guys,

I am new to this club and have a question about the NATS key. I know there are two codes for the key fob: one for the NATS (remote control) and another code for the key. Is this key code for just cutting the blade?
My guess is that the key code is for the pattern on the blade but I could be wrong. I know quite a few pin-and-tumbler lock manufacturers put codes on the keys and locks for this.

Nissan charged me £35. A local key cutter quoted me £25. If Nissan is reasonable go with them. But it doesn't have to done at Nissan

Back