Sony CD/MP3 Head unit

B

Ben

I am selling my Sony Head unit that i bought only a matter of month back because my car is getting a full new sound system installed and im heading in a different direction. The Stereo will come with a remote, no box or instructions (althought its simple enough to work). The HU is fantastic and this is the second HU i have had in this series and i have been more than impressed with them. I think it was richmicratwista who bought the last one from me and i think he is impressed with his too. The model is Sony CDX-M8800 and its a stylish and very reliable head unit.

The features:

Technical data

FM Tuner
Tuner Type: SSIR-EXA
EE Tuner: NO
ABC (Automatic Bandwidth Control): YES
BTM (Best Tuning Memory): YES
RDS EON: YES
Tuner Station Presets
FM: 18
MW: 6
LW: 6
CD Player
Drive-S: YES
Mechanism for: 1 x CD
Tray Mechanism: NO
CD-R Playback capability: YES
CD-RW Playback capability: YES
MP3 Playback capability: YES
ID3 Tag display (Track, Artist, Album name): YES
CD Text display: YES
Title Scroll (CD Text): YES
Frequency Response (Hz): 10 - 20,000
Signal to Noise Ratio (dB): 120
Repeat Play: YES
Shuffle Play: YES
Changer Control
CD, MD Changer Control: YES
CD Custom File Control: YES
ID3 Tag display (Track, Artist, Album Name): YES
CD Text display: YES
List Function (CD, MD Title): YES
Title Scroll (CD, MD Title): YES
Repeat Play: YES
Shuffle Play: YES
Amplifier
S-MOSFET Output Stage: YES
Output Power, DIN 45324 at 4 ohm (W): 4 x 27
Max. Output Power, 1 kHz at 4 ohm (W): 4 x 52
BBE-MP Digital: YES
DSO (Dynamic Soundstage Organizer): DSO II
Safety Commander Interface
3.5 mm Mini Jack: YES
Infrared: YES ( High Band )
Others
3D Fluorescent Display: YES
Display Colour: 8 grade blue
Contrast Adjustment: YES
Display Dimmer: YES
Key Illumination: Blue
DSP Control: NO
DAB Control: NO
Sensor for IR Commander: YES
Removable Front Panel: NO
Security Code: YES
Integrated Clock: 24 h
Telephone Attenuator: YES
ISO Connector: YES
Installation Angle (degrees): 0 45
Dimensions
Width (mm) - approx.: 178
Height (mm) - approx.: 50
Depth (mm) - approx.: 182
Supplied Remote Control
IR Card Commander: RM-X142
Safety Commander: NO
Optional Remote Control
IR Card Commander: NO
Safety Commander: RM-X4S, RM-X6S

FULL DESCRIPTION

Manufacturer's Description
The CDX-M8800 has a large, full-motion display with high-resolution graphics, in fact there are only two buttons on the faceplate one for power and one to open the face! Pressing the second button opens the Active Black Panel to reveal a full control panel and smaller display on the inside. With the ABP closed, you control the receiver with the full-function remote. When you turn off the ignition, the receiver enters stealth mode, making the display and buttons disappear. Use the EQ7 to adjust the sound: do it quickly with the preset sound curves, or with more detailed tuning via the 7-band equalizer. If your front speakers are low in the doors, Dynamic Soundstage Organizer helps by shifting the soundstage to a higher point in the car, giving your music a richer sound. When it comes to adding external amplifiers, you get three sets of 4 volt preamp outputs for flexibility in system design. The front & rear amplifier outputs feature a high pass filter to prevent distortion and the sub ouputs have a low pass filter for optimum subwoofer performance. (The face is NOT removable for this stereo, however, it has a Security CODE feature, which must be used to power-up the stereo) Tech Spec: * Security CODE - Anti-theft solution with a 4 digit, owner-defined code that must be entered to set up the head unit every time it's been disconnected from the car battery. * Active Black Panel faceplate * Blue and white fluorescent display * Red button lighting * Spectrum analyser display * Plays MP3 files with ID3 Tag Dispplay * Plays CD-Rs and CD-RWs * SSIR-EXA tuner * 18 FM/12 AM presets * Seek tuning * BBE MP improves the sound of your compressed music * Dynamic Soundstage Organizer * EQ7 (7-band equalizer and 7 preset tone curves) * CD changer controls * Rear auxiliary input (when not using a CD changer) * 4-volt front, rear and subwoofer preamp outputs * High-pass and low-pass filters * Clock * Wireless remote * 52 peak x 4 channels

cdx-m8800-sony-avtoradio.jpg

This one on ebay is currently at £180 and still has a few hours left. Im looking for offers in the region of £120 delivered

Ben

M

m1ck97

awww the exact HU I was looking for. Very nice, very decent price too! Pity im skint though :(

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
Ben said:
provissionally sold to the man with the funny hair cut

I no long have funny hair....it's just short.....was a No1 all over....but it's grown!!!

The Pink Mohawk will be back in the near future though!!!

Or you on about that pic <---- With the twisty curly spikes? That was over a year ago!

OP
OP
B

Ben

thanks, sorry to hear bout it getting knicked, my lass drives a matiz and in my opinion its extremely easy to break into so when i fitted her hu i bolted the thing in place and i mean bolted lol

OP
OP
B

Ben

oh and ollie ill sort them pics out for you tomorrow and the rest lol, been busy getting the car MOT'd n shiznit