Someone with itb experience

hi ,
Have a 1.3 k11 1997, with cbr1000 itbs.
I will be using the cbr injectors .i have a walbro fuel pump and adjustable fuel regulator to help sort fueling.

I'm looking for advice on what I will need to get it running right . For instance:
-what distributor do you use if you use one?
- do you use a trigger wheel and sensor?
-what ecu do you use ?

What else do i need to get it running ? Or what have you done /used

Thanks

mines running cbr600 itbs, megasquirt for the ecu and edis system for ignition

not got her running yet. i know pork is running similar on his build also

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Easiest way is to use a crank trigger wheel, crank sensor and a EDIS coilpack. trigger-wheels.com is a great place to source such things. If you're going to the trouble of a standalone ECU, dumping the distributor ignition if you're on a CG10/CG13 is a major step forward.

ECU wise, there's a significant amount of options. Megasquirt are quite popular. I use Omex but that's down to personal choice due to support by the supplier and my mapper.

The final choice will ultimately be down to a best compromise between tuning support and cost.

I went the Megasquirt route as it gave me the option to build it myself, and I'm into electronics. It's cheap for what it can do.
It's easy to tune with it. I've tuned it myself, and apart from more power through the range, you can't tell it's not the oem ecu. I did look at Omex also which are very good and proven. It was too expensive though for the fully sequential setup which I wanted.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk