Some sad news..

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
Well I took the Super S in for its MOT yesterday and its not good news:

It needs:
- Tons of Welding
- New track rod end
- New tire (cut through to ply in existing one)
- New ball joint
- New wheel bearing
- New washer bottle or repair existing one.
- Exhaust bracket needs welding
A few other bits I can't remember off the top of my head, but anyway I can't justify the repairs (which will cost in excess of £400 + vat unless I do them myself, which I don't have time for) so it looks like I'm going to have to sell it as a project or scrap it :(.

Definitely be a shame to see it off the road as when you look at it this super S is one of the smartest around, so if anyone want to make me an offer lol.
As before the interior is immaculate, and its just had a new waterpump + cambelt and reconned gearbox, also has a thatcham 1 alarm with central locking.

Hard to believe that this car went through with not even an advisory two years ago :(. (And yes i do trust the garage )

porkpie700

Buy & Sell Member
Any chance you can put up some pictures for us all, interior, exterior, engine, the bits that need welding ect...
That would be cool if you can.

OP
OP
Ceirwan

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
It won't be to high, I'd love to get it done, but I'm currently rebuilding a motorbike and completely stripping and rebuilding a small yacht, I don't have room for the projects I've got, let alone another one... Should get back to you within a couple of hours.

OP
OP
Ceirwan

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
Ok, don't have any pictures of rust as I don't know what to look for.. but:

The full list:
- Near side (sill) seat belt anchorage area is excessively corroded
- off side (sill) seat belt anchorage area is excessively corroded
- Wiper bottle leaks
- Offside front track rod end and ball joint has excessive play
- offside front suspension arm has excessive play in a ball joint
- Nearside front coil spring incomplete
- Offside front wheel bearing feels rough when rotated
- Nearside front tire has a cut deep enough to reach the ply or cords
- Rear exhaust has a mounting that does not fully support exhaust system
- Nearside rear (sill) suspension component is excessively corroded
- offside rear (sill) suspension component is excessively corroded

And a fair few advisory s :(

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Haven't got any interior pics yet, but just imagine a clean and untorn super s interior :)

superls

K10 Tuner
sounds a fair bit of work, thing is, obviously before comiting to anything im going to need a rough guide price and a look at the car. is the car still road worthy, ie still got tax and mot?

Scott.

OP
OP
Ceirwan

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
Well I'm the previous owner before the previous owner and it went through MOT in 2008 with nothing wrong at all, but its done 30,000 in the mean time to I guess its all added up.
The garage has quoted me for all the work at £400 plus vat, but they're a good garage on price so elsewhere may cost more.
The car is perfectly driveable, it has tax but no MOT left.

Erm make me an offer, I have someone local who's interested but is waiting cos I said I may have a buyer.
Feel free to come and have a looksie, based in Hull.