SOLVED Stiff Gear Stick - not the spring issue.

Hi Guys,

I have no problem changing gears but its kinda stiff and like there is a friction. Also gearstick gets heavier when the engine gets warmer.
We thought it may be gearbox oil and yesterday we drained all oil and replaced with new oil. No change.
I have read some posts here regarding universal connection from gear stick to gearbox that needs to be oiled. Is it the one below I marked? Is there a document or video how I can do this? or at least the correct name that I can search online?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-04-24 at 10.38.33.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-04-24 at 10.38.33.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 257
OP
OP
Acoris
I need the part number of this rubber so that I can order, couldn't find in anywhere. Does anyone knows?
Maybe Grandmaster @frank?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-05-04 at 17.02.19.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-05-04 at 17.02.19.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 238
The rubber you mentioned with number 9 is just a dust boot.
The bushings you circeled in your first post can be replaced by one from a Almera N15 with ga16de. Just grab the bushing from the scrapyard.

OP
OP
Acoris
The rubber you mentioned with number 9 is just a dust boot.
The bushings you circeled in your first post can be replaced by one from a Almera N15 with ga16de. Just grab the bushing from the scrapyard.
Thanks for quick answer @.Maarten.
The problem is the gear shifter is quite stiff when it move left or right. All the posts on this forum says it is related to Linkage bushes. What is a linkage bush? :poop:

Its either the bushing underneath the shifter (where it attaches to the linkage rods. Most people do them up way to tight after removing the shifter and then shifting is really hard) or the one that you circled in your first post. Id start with loosening the nut/bolt underneath the shifter where it connects to the linkage rods and see if that improves it.

The gear linkage swivel pivot points can dry out & function may be improved by lubricating its moving parts that can be accessed by removing the heat shield above the mid silencer.

Double check engine & gearbox rubber mounting brackets that are old enough for any one of them to have sagged or partially collapsed. This may result in misalignment between gear lever linkage & the gearbox resulting in a stiff tardy movement that has been described?

Leave adjustments of linkage too last unless locknuts are found to be loose?

Good luck. ;)

OP
OP
Acoris
The gear linkage swivel pivot points can dry out & function may be improved by lubricating its moving parts that can be accessed by removing the heat shield above the mid silencer.

Double check engine & gearbox rubber mounting brackets that are old enough for any one of them to have sagged or partially collapsed. This may result in misalignment between gear lever linkage & the gearbox resulting in a stiff tardy movement that has been described?

Leave adjustments of linkage too last unless locknuts are found to be loose?

Good luck. ;)
Thanks for the info. I would love to change them if they are dried out. But still couldn't find the part number for ordering...

Sorry to dig up an old thread had this problem as well. Lever spring was like new.
Took the gear linkage UJ off cleaned and lubricated refitted and the lever still wouldn't spring back.
I backed off both the linkage nuts enough to get some free play then added a second nut to lock against each other to prevent them undoing.