SOLVED EPS to Hydraulic conversion - P/S light fix?

SOLVED
Hi guys, Got a 2001 Nissan March UK model that I have just recently converted from a 1.0 to a 1.3 (with some awesome help from members of this forum) and replaced the EPS with a Stock Hydraulic Power steering setup.

While I had the engine removed I replaced the Electronic power steering with a standard Hydraulic Steering setup as I was having too many issues with the EPS system. No PS light was on when the Stock EPS was in the car. All together and running great with the Hydraulic Power steering setup - steers quite nicely. As expected the PS Warning light is on.

My question - is there any way to remove the light as such other than pulling the bulb? Also the Pressure switch doesn't have a plug in the loom but not so worried about the pressure switch as the car does not stall and steers fine at idle and low RPM but the PS light needs to be off for a Warrant of fitness. Thought about pulling the bulb but wanted to do it right as I read somewhere its connected to the ABS System as well but could be wrong? (maybe k12's have this setup) Haven't tested to see if the ABS is functioning properly but no ABS light seems to have come up on the dash.
Anyone Savvy with EPS to Hydraulic conversions or EPS in general?? Haven't studied a wiring diagram yet as I don't have a proper one to reference. EPS Computer is still plugged in and the 4 Pin plug for the EPS unit on the steering rack is just hanging above Hydraulic Rack. Pulling fuse does nothing so is still in.

Zak

Last edited:
Got it sorted thanks guys. Disconnected the Power steering ECU as its no longer needed and voila - lights gone. ABS still works sweet.
Was told silver vin tag was UK import but I think mines NZ New. Its a K11 which did come with factory EPS but now has Hydraulic system installed :D

Back