Solid ciscs for 1.4 K11 Activ?

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I have a 2001 Nissan Micra 1.4 Active, non ABS. It currently has vented discs fitted, but I've noticed that there are solid discs available that are much cheaper than the vented ones. I drive my Micra quite economically, and wondered whether it would be ok to fit the solid discs to my car. It definitely isn't ABS at there is no indcator on the dash. Any help/advice much appreciated, thanks.

frank

Club Member
the 1.4 vented discs are slightly bigger than the other k11 ones, so the caliper will be a different fitment (they may be the same as basic almera/sunny ones ?)

about £50 iirc

I have a sport+ 1.4 and i have solid discs dont know if vented would fit in my calliper but i would have them if they fitted.

Thanks for your replies. The difference in price is anywhere between £50 and £80 between the vented and non-vented, but I am beginning to think that I would be better replecing with vented just in case.

Brakeparts International shows the ventilated and solid discs are different diameter (v238mm s234mm) and thickness (v18mm s12mm).
£50 for a pair of ventilated disks £13 for a set of pads which you should fit with new disks.

I have used them for a caliper on my Primera. Good service.