Solid airbag light after jumpstart

After my battery went bad i tried a jump start which worked, but since then I've had the airbag light, it never flashes its always solid so i cannot attempt the usual fix.

Anyone got any ideas?
thanks, Danny

I had a simmilar problem. You need to reset the computer. I found a thing on the web a while ago. Something like switch the ignition on for 7 seconds and off for 3 then on for 7 and off for 3 ten times. Tried it 5 times before getting the timing right. Somewhere else there was a thing about the courtesy light and ignition combination. It makes the computer run a self diagnostic and then resets the airbags. What happened was that when you disconnected the jumper leads, it sent a voltage spike through the cars wiring. You are lucky, i know of some people who fried the onboard computer. If you must, switch on every electric item in the car. The blower, headlights, even the rear window demister. You need as much load on the system to stop a spike happening. I just flat refuse to jump start anything with any car that has an onboard computer.

Or something in the airbag system is faulty/disconnected. Mine happened when the valet people took the seats out for a clean, and didnt re connect the plug for the side airbag. Google is your friend.

Ended up purchasing a new ECU for the airbag for £20, could never get the car to reset the airbags, or if it did it wasn't working, my local garage wanted £25 just for diagnosing the issue, so took a risk and replaced the ECU and its all fixed, thanks for the help though.

Back