so happy right now :)

Just figured out that if I save up some pennies by next august I can afford to buy and insure an RX8, going from a 1litre K11 to a 2.6 litre car. So shocked but so happy, oh and before anyone says, i'm not going to drive it like I think i'm some kind of driving god :p i'll leave that for the chav in his saxo up the road :p

i agree, but i can't afford the RX7, insurance is more and generally they're more to buy :( sad times i can make do with an RX8 :D how are they technically 1.3's anyway :p

Yeah I know about that too, alot less reliable than the micra and less fuel economy, more expensive for insurance, but hopefully more fun than my little micra, if I start doing things to the micra it'll end up being so much more expensive :p yeah the expensive repairs would be an issue, but regular servicing should decrease the likelihood of that happening

I have one, awesome car blown a rotor cost £800 for a new kit to repair it :( luckily I've rebuilt a few so don't need to spent another £1000 getting it fixed that's only if you can find someone to fix it! Most will let go of their guts at around 60000miles because the owners don't realise how much you have to look after them neglected oil changed and or checking the oil level results in knackard tips! Watch out for cars that start fine from cold but not when hot! This means it's fubard and needs a rebuild! I laugh hard when I read the lies that some sellers spout on eBay, my favourite was that it's a well known ecu fault hahaha, some idiot then paid him nearly 2 grand!!! I wouldn't pay over a grand for one with hot start failure!

Make sure you find a Mazda technician or buy yourself a hot start compression tester for a 13b, they ain't cheap but looking at the cost of a rebuild they can save you allot of heart ache! I can't stress this one point enough
GET A HOT COMPRESSION TEST BEFORE BUYING
Get the seller to meet at a local mazda dealers and arrange for them to test it

If you need any more help or advice give me a pm, I've got first hand experience with the bstards lol

By the way the word fuel economy doesn't exist with these, you'll be lucky to hit 18 mpg on the motorway less in town, not to mention the oil they consume, rotary engines spray oil into the combustion chamber it's normal to have high consumption but just adds to the expense

It sounds like I'm scaring you but I'm making it as real as I can for you, expect to spend allot of money running it and allot of time looking after it, they're like a baby and cannot be neglected, if you it'll just be another one of the hundreds on eBay being sold by dreamers who think they're getting a bargain

650cc per rotor, twin rotor engine 1300cc, the tax on the pre 2006 model is 200ish a year the tax 2006 onward is 400ish a year bear that in mind when buying, the tax is the same bracket as a big engine car because it is a big engine but compact if that makes sense?? It burns nearly twice as much fuel as a stock skyline, rotaries can't be compared on engine size to a piston engine as they are both chalk and cheese
It's classed as a 2600cc because of the CO content I believe, and the older na fc rx7 is classed as a 1300cc for some reason well mine was anyway but the turbo fc and fd are classed as a 2600cc for racing reasons something todo with the volumetric efficiency someone with a bit more knowledge of the racing rules will correct me

Yeah hot compression test is something i've seen everywhere and I wouldn't trust anyone on ebay until you've finished the transaction :p i've heard about the oil etc aswell but being as I do about 10000 miles a year i'd only need a few changes. I only use my micra 2 or 3 times a week at most and check fluid levels and all that malarkey every week so I should be in good stead for one of these, what's 5 minutes a week if it saves you a few grand in repairs

RX-8 - the one that got away. There was a beautiful metallic red one at a local garage, about £5k... I ALMOST bought it. Ended up with the Micra instead so... I've basically done the opposite to your plans!

It's classed as a 2600cc because of the CO content I believe, and the older na fc rx7 is classed as a 1300cc for some reason well mine was anyway but the turbo fc and fd are classed as a 2600cc for racing reasons something todo with the volumetric efficiency someone with a bit more knowledge of the racing rules will correct me

The usual concensus is that a ####el engine makes one power stroke per central shaft revolution compared to a piston engine which makes one power stroke per cylinder for every two crank revolutions, so they are classified as the equivalent of a reciprocating piston engine of twice their size.

p.s. lol at the swearfilter blocking out the correct term for rotary engine ;)

Lol w an kel
How the hell the rotary club get on i don't know bet the swear filter is on overload lol

The thing that's odd is the fc na rx7 can be classed as a 1300 for tax purposes

Back