• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Smidge's K11 Micra Project

OP
OP
smidge

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
so it's not as damaged as i thought, chassis isn't bent and A pillar just needs to be filled... sweet

OP
OP
smidge

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
Rebuild + Mod Time!

i couldn't help myself, i'm rebuilding the micra (at least gonna give it a go) and mod along the way...

here is the progress, sorry if the pics are massive but the thread looks awesome with them in and with broadband who cares if u gotta DL 4 megs of photos they'll be worth it...

it begins...

IMG_4820.jpg

IMG_4822.jpg

IMG_4825.jpg

IMG_4827.jpg

IMG_4829.jpg

IMG_4831.jpg

IMG_4834.jpg

IMG_4835.jpg

IMG_4836.jpg

IMG_4838.jpg

IMG_4839.jpg

Sorry news about your off road excursion fella, that inner wing damage is the worst bit on the car I would say, if there's any worries about structural strength in a rollover due to the damaged A pillar then a roll cage is an option.

OP
OP
smidge

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
thanks sonic, it certainly is!

will go on the straightening machine to confirm if there's any bending, i doubt it tho, that a pillar damage was more rubbing up against the tree than hitting it straight on so its not bent as far as the eye can tell

started on making new door trims that i got from a series 2 micra (yay!) at the wreckers

they were banged up but the fabric is still good so these should go on nicely

IMG_4840.jpg

IMG_4842.jpg

IMG_4843.jpg

IMG_4844.jpg

IMG_4845.jpg

and tonight started on putting in the new interior into the back, using the forester back seat i scored...

busy getting rust off the rear upper seat panel and then will figure out how to put that one in!

the base of the seat fit in with some foam mods and can be bolted to the bottom of the seat so is pretty safe (as safe as the back seat of a micra can be anyway!)

pics say more than words...

IMG_4846.jpg

IMG_4847.jpg

IMG_4848.jpg

IMG_4849.jpg

IMG_4851.jpg

IMG_4859.jpg

IMG_4860.jpg

test fitted only, it no longer bunches up but don't have a pic as yet, will post when its all done
IMG_4852.jpg

solarice

Ex. Club Member
good to hear you havent let the accident put you off the micra :) hope you get it put back soon to where it was before the "incident"...as i know what its like being micraless :D , albeit for differing reasons.

OP
OP
smidge

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
dunno! depends how much it's gonna cost to repair it

i don't wanna, its the perfect car for what i do... and cheap to run, and i'm a bit of a stingy ####### as you've probably gathered from learning how to do all the DIY stuff! :D

OP
OP
smidge

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
a progress shot.. we're busy fixing the A pillar, structually fine but cosmetically looks a bit dodgy.. been finishing door trims and other things...

fixprogress.jpg

JJ 1.0l

Ex. Club Member
a progress shot.. we're busy fixing the A pillar, structually fine but cosmetically looks a bit dodgy.. been finishing door trims and other things...

fixprogress.jpg

are they some new wheels i see?:grinning: very nice. nice to see it begin repaired keep it up

Robert

Ex. Club Member
Good to see you sticking with it!

Are you repairing for sale or keeping hold of it?

Oh, and any luck with the K12 micra badge?

OP
OP
smidge

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
no luck with a badge yet, i'll keep my eyes open though!

i've always wanted a bad boy bonnet since i first saw kristians white micra on here, it was actually the reason i started looking at buying and modifying one...

so i'm on my way to my very own bonnet :D

pics:
IMG_4954.jpg

IMG_4958.jpg

IMG_4962.jpg

IMG_4964.jpg

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
looks awesome mate :D but does that door actually line up? looks a little bit off.

get a belt sander on that bonnet so speed up the job because its tough stuff :D

OP
OP
smidge

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
yeah that was just test fitted, the door fits fine needed an assistant to lift it while i bolted it all back up... door is off again while i transfer the tinted glass, electrics etc into it

trying to get my hands on a power window setup as well :) only ONE in Aus i can find so far...

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
yeah that was just test fitted, the door fits fine needed an assistant to lift it while i bolted it all back up... door is off again while i transfer the tinted glass, electrics etc into it

trying to get my hands on a power window setup as well :) only ONE in Aus i can find so far...

lol aus sucks for micra parts lol. i have a set of electric winders if you want :D

b47to

Ex. Club Member
cars comein on very well mate

can tell you have put alot of time and effort into it.

keep up the good work

OP
OP
smidge

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
here's an 'artists impression' of what the bonnet should look like when done...

one side done to show the difference:

artistsimpresion.jpg

OP
OP
smidge

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
DSC00440.jpg

DSC00441.jpg

Awesome!
You can paint can't you? Going for bodycoloured bumpers? ;)

got the equipment but don't have a booth! so still not 100% weather i'll attempt it myself or bite the bullet and pay someone a stack to do it

OP
OP
smidge

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
some more shots from work we got done today...

IMG_4978.jpg

IMG_4979.jpg

IMG_4984.jpg

a pillar is repaired now the task is getting it to shape

also shaved the door lock off the new drivers door and sanded the whole thing... and cut my finger BAD! spewin

OP
OP
smidge

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
got supplies today to finish off the A pillar and get a windscreen put back in

the old trim around the windscreen was rooted so need to find out weather the winscreen guys can get their hands on it or if i have to get it from nissan

OP
OP
smidge

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
Back on the road!

after a massive weekend of work today i got a windscreen put back in and all the panels back on... still one or two little things to fix (central locking no power) and a wheel alignment but otherwise the micra is BACK! woohoo!

i also finished the forester interior complete with working arm rests, had to grind off the mount from the forester frame and weld it to the micra one

i love the bad boy bonnet, just awesome!

IMG_4988.jpg

IMG_4989.jpg

IMG_4992.jpg

IMG_4994.jpg

IMG_4995.jpg

IMG_4997.jpg

IMG_4998.jpg

IMG_4999.jpg

IMG_5001.jpg

IMG_5010.jpg

IMG_5013.jpg

OP
OP
smidge

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
Finished the rear seat install, including some factory plastic tree clips to hold the backing on, pic without the headrests in...
DSC00522.jpg

Another pic of the front bad boy
DSC00502.jpg

Passenger forester seat in with armrest welded in
IMG_5018.jpg

The new seats match the interior pretty well i reckon..
IMG_5017.jpg

Resprayed the guard that was in primer to match the car, clear coat is a little rough but looks okay till i organise a proper paint
DSC00523.jpg

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
awsome work matey, i love it! have you thought about paint the inside of your head light plastics black? like kristian did on his white micra? would look hard as from the front!

wgc_daz

unlucky-racing.com
what an ammazing person most would have given up after the crash well done on not giving up paint the bumpers now :)