SMD LEDs

I have decided to replace the SMD LEDs in my Micra's instrument panel but does anyone know what type j need to order. I am still using the car daily so don't want to dismantle it until I have the LEDs of possible.

I am also looking for the correct bulbs/SMDs for the heating control and electric window switches it is an 05 Micra S.

If anyone knows what SMDs I need to order I would be extremely grateful as there seems to be very little information available.

Thanks
Jake

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Micra Sports Club mobile app

You might be able to identify them by sight

plmRWDn.png

The two most common ones are 5050's and 3528's

qVvBccZ.jpg

they might be mounted in some sort of holder

It's hard to tell from the picture, but that's either a 3mm or 5mm "t5 dashboard LED" in a bulb holder, or a "grain of rice" bulb

Is it glued in there or can you pull the bulb out?

r7iV5ir.png

If it comes out and looks like this you will have some markings on it to tell you what it is

then it can be a straight swap to an SMD which will be brighter, this is a 5050 in the same/similar holder

DbsAdFf.jpg

If it doesn't come out you may have some difficulty finding a yellow piece of plastic with the contacts in the right place to refit in that, at that point I'd start looking for kits along the lines of "k12 nissan micra full interior light SMD kit" and just take the bits you need out of it

Last edited:
and any one off amazon/ebay should be fine, the bulbs themselves come pre-manufactured so it's just the quality of the connections. Don't fork out for Halfords ones or anything like that they won't be any brighter

It's hard to tell from the picture, but that's either a 3mm or 5mm "t5 dashboard LED" in a bulb holder, or a "grain of rice" bulb

Is it glued in there or can you pull the bulb out?

r7iV5ir.png

If it comes out and looks like this you will have some markings on it to tell you what it is

then it can be a straight swap to an SMD which will be brighter, this is a 5050 in the same/similar holder

DbsAdFf.jpg

If it doesn't come out you may have some difficulty finding a yellow piece of plastic with the contacts in the right place to refit in that, at that point I'd start looking for kits along the lines of "k12 nissan micra full interior light SMD kit" and just take the bits you need out of it
Would I be able to purchase a t5 bulb and then solder it bend the wires out and solder it on.

I have tried looking for kits but only seem to be able to find them for micra K11s as I don't think many people try them with this model as they are soldered.

Last edited:
Would I be able to purchase a t5 bulb and then solder it bend the wires out and solder it on.

I have tried looking for kits but only seem to be able to find them for micra K11s as I don't think many people try them with this model as they are soldered.
If the voltages match I can't see why not, check it with a multimeter if you can to make sure there are no resistors anywhere and do something to avoid a short if there will be no insulating plastics

Holders make it all a bit easier and more convenient but as long as there's space underneath to get the covers on top and as long as there are no voltage/heatsinking issues with the replacement soldering works just as well

Last edited:
Thanks for your help, window switches are soldered with the t5 bulbs and looking much better,
Just headlight adjuster, instrument panel, lock switch and heater then done.

Don't suppose you know any easyish way to get the heater out as in struggling a bit
IMG_20200107_193727.jpeg
Image%20(6).jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_20200107_193710.jpeg
    IMG_20200107_193710.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 176
Looking good, blue looks the part

Not sure about the heater, I know how to replace the card when the blower stops working but that's about it
I've managed to get to the bulbs but I have broke the little surrond that go arround the left and right dials.

Don't suppose anyone knows if you can get replacements as I am worked I might have to replace the whole unit.

Have fitted a new illuminated cigrarrete lighter today with blue LEDs so just the heater to fix and then the cluster and 2 buttons

hard to say without knowing dimensions or how many pins or any markings on the other side

Those components with the numbers on are SMD resistors though so whatever it is it's probably a different voltage to 12v

hard to say without knowing dimensions or how many pins or any markings on the other side

Those components with the numbers on are SMD resistors though so whatever it is it's probably a different voltage to 12v
Ok, I've soldered a new led onto it. I just used one of the the bigger LEDs and soldered it on and it works on the headlight adjuster and it blew on the lock switch so had to fit two new ones and then they are now working but the lock light is always on and I cannot find anything wrong with the switch.

I have posted about it elsewhere as I think it's a car problem because the switch seems fine but I have ordered another switch just to test.