smart key?

How do i know if i have a smart key or just keyless entry? I'm a bit confused as i thought that when i was buying the car he didn't use the key to unlock it and when he moved too far away it started beeping to tell him to get closer to the car. But when i tried it at home i had to press the unlock button. Am i just doing it wrong or disabled something?

i have this key if this helps:
(only going by picture as site is in Russian)

http://dubkey.ru/key/nissan/x-trail

As far as I was aware one would open car just if key was in range? Other you had to use the button?
Yes checked the car does have button on door

Smartkey, keyless entry and I-key are all the same system really. with the key in your pocket stood next to the car you need to press the button on the handle to unlock/lock the doors. Hope this helps :)

The battery in your key fob may need to be changed, my mum has this system and we have to change her CR2032 quite regularly ;)

On any of the buttons or just drivers door? It can be quite temperamental, sometimes wont work then literally 2 mins later with the same circumstances will be fine :/ if it keeps not working maybe try putting a video up of what your doing and what the car does when your trying to work it :)

So after trying all doors, multiple times, it seems that the only one that works is the boot, which makes me think the other two are broken, any idea how much it would be to replace them? is it an easy job to do at home or is it better to take it to a nissan dealer and get them to do it?

Pass haha, we've got a pathfinder where the drivers door i-key button isn't working tomorrow I think haha I'll have a look tomorrow if nobody knows on here for you would imagine dealer prices will be a few hundred £ if not more.

Back