small or big wheels on a K11?

hi all

I have been looking into alloys for my K11 and really not sure whether to go for some 13 inch wheels or 15 inch wheels.

Obvoiusly it already has 13s fitted but I have been looking at minilites and starmags which measure 13x7 rather than the skinnier standard alloys.

The other option is 15s (possibly 14s but they seem to a difficult size to source), of which there are loads of possibilities - but I am not sure if they would appear too big for the car?

I am planning to lower the car by about 40mm but dont want it to look like a 4x4 in the meantime lol and not sure if 15s would be bad for the cars handling as I love the way you can chuck these cars round corners :)

any advice appreciated...............

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
have a browse on the k11 blogs,through the k11 gen discusion page
then decide on the look or looks you need

pollyp

Club Member
wheelchart.jpg

13's will be nice and light good for speed and acceleration but look a bit small unless banded with the car decked ;)

14's will be a wee bit heavier but look more in proportion on a K11 :D

very nice frank :cool:

Robb

Site Supporter
15s will glue your car to the road but acceleration will suffer no matter how hard you try.

I prefer 13s or 14s and franks banded steelies are the bees.

Personally id have 13s so when you pull up next to a 1.2 corsa with wolfrace 15s on you can point and laugh as they struggle.

OP
OP
hibb72
thanks for all the replies, much appreciated! will probably go for something smaller but wide, with a slight lowering it should look ok...love the vw golf picture guide to wheels - I have had many vws over the years and seeing that always makes me chuckle!

OP
OP
hibb72
thanks for those picture examples - looked ok with 15s even without lowering, not what I expected.. what tyre size is needed with 15s?

essexpunx

Site Supporter
195/45x15 have no clearance issues, four nankangs on ebay £130 new + p+p, bloody good tyres, grip well wet and dry, don't seem to wear too bad, i've only done about 1500 miles on them so far though but i'll definately get them again (Y)