• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

SLX Part 4

I didnt realise but I have posted the earlier instalments of this saga in the 'other cars blogs' area. So if you really want to read my weak puns and see my blurry pics of this car and what I've done click my blog entries button under my name. (Thanks for pointing this out R-Reg!)

Anyway! Back to the story...

attachment.php

Finished fitting the gearbox, refilled it with Dextron II atf (3.2 litres) and finished off the service.
Ran engine until normal operating temp, (started without hassle with new battery, after 18 months of not running!) and rechecked gearbox oil level (Car in neutral, not park). All was ok but engine dipstick was stuck solid. Successfully broke the handle off when trying to coax it out its hole.:blush:
Fixed that (2nd hand dipstick and tube) gave the crossmember a lick of paint (Arctic white 326) and stuck everything back on...

attachment.php

While the bumper and grille were off I cleaned them up. As its white it showed up a thin layer of moss as the car had sat outside near some trees. Stuck it together, began to see this Micra was going to be a good one!

attachment.php

Back