Slow drop in revs after foot off pedal?

Afternoon all.

Had this issue for ... well forever. Car runs great but when lift foot off accelerator pedal, the engine takes a little while to drop revs. Hard to define how long but maybe 3+ seconds.

Does not affect running, does not affect control of car and can be lived with ... have lived with. But is not typical compared to other cars which drop instantly when foot off the pedal.

Any ideas anyone? If it's a simple option it would be nice to fix. If complex then can leave but just sounds bit odd when come to a stop that car still rev's on.

• Tardy & dry age related throttle linkage, plate, cable & throttle pedal mounting pivots clean/lubricate & or carpet fouling same?
  • Idle air control valve carbon fouled & requires clean/lube & set up?
Have not seen you’re promised Steady Eddy, Scotland run K11 gas consumption figures? :cool:

• Tardy & dry age related throttle linkage, plate, cable & throttle pedal mounting pivots clean/lubricate & or carpet fouling same?
  • Idle air control valve carbon fouled & requires clean/lube & set up?
Have not seen you’re promised Steady Eddy, Scotland run K11 gas consumption figures? :cool:

....is my work to list for the weekend :) Many thanks sir.

Not quite as good as my early response indicated plmval ... I have the purchases but not the quantities on credit card statement. That said I think I will have the receipt hard copies which will give us the pump quantities. And I need dig these out asap before they really do go fully awol.

It's on the list :)

Back