Slamming

i am planning to run a micra with 13" deep dish steelies, and could do with knowing the best way to slam it! Micra coilovers? Golf coilovers? Matiz springs? money is a major factor in this lol

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Angle grinder is normally the cheapest, plenty of people have done it on here.
Otherwise coilovers!
Czech Mckenziecz's Blog for the lowness you get out of coilovers though! (Y)

k11 apexi world series coilovers

20100711_007.jpg

20100711_009.jpg

(Y)

I had them second hand for 350 which is good price. Try to search on yahoo auction for some tein ones or get polo 6n coilovers for 150 quid and make them fit. :D

sleeper_ss

Ex. Club Member
Get the grinder to the springs while you save up ;)
& check Franks blog,he's managed a comfortable low ride with Matiz legs & short springs that don't fall out without blowing a fortune..

I had them second hand for 350 which is good price. Try to search on yahoo auction for some tein ones or get polo 6n coilovers for 150 quid and make them fit. :D

has anyone tried the polo coilovers on k11's? heard of them being used on K10's but not K11's, question came up on the AOC yesterday actually

Get the grinder to the springs while you save up ;)
& check Franks blog,he's managed a comfortable low ride with Matiz legs & short springs that don't fall out without blowing a fortune..
dont thing 150 for polos adjustable is a fortune though

has anyone tried the polo coilovers on k11's? heard of them being used on K10's but not K11's, question came up on the AOC yesterday actually

I dont think anyone used 6n polo on k11 yet. There was some from corsa once used I thing. But there is not much of a difference between k10 and k11 really so I dont see any problems.

So you still end up with an angle grinder after parting with your £100 :down:
i didnt. the bloke i got the coilovers from had to cut eibach spring. because the rear springs were shot.
when you say about the polo coilovers, what sort of craftmanship is needed to get them to fit?
the rears are pretty straight forward job. I think you just need to make the top mount hole bigger. The fronts need to accommodate micras top mounts and need to be fitted to the hub. You can ether redrill the mounts or the hub. just one hole though.

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
the rears are pretty straight forward job. I think you just need to make the top mount hole bigger. The fronts need to accommodate micras top mounts and need to be fitted to the hub. You can ether redrill the mounts or the hub. just one hole though.
We'll See (Y)

so what needs drilling the bottom of the shock that bolts the hub or the top or both? i know £150 isnt all that much money but it will be if they get arsed up and dont fit! and 150 is a lot when you dont have it to spend lol

so what needs drilling the bottom of the shock that bolts the hub or the top or both? i know £150 isnt all that much money but it will be if they get arsed up and dont fit! and 150 is a lot when you dont have it to spend lol

you can ether drill the mount or get the hub extended and drill that.