Siphon petrol from K11

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
There's a drain plug in the bottom of the tank. You can remove that to empty it :)

solarice

Ex. Club Member
arnold...theres no drain plug, unless they added one on the later cars...easiest way would probably be to buy a siphon...or undo the fuel feed line and use the fuel pump to help empty it, kinda dodgy though...and i dont want to be responsible for something blowing up. :)

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Seriously? There's drain plugs on most cars, including the K10 so would have imagined the K11 had one. Sorry if i'm wrong though! I thought they added those metal things inside the fuel neck to stop people removing the fuel from the filler neck.

solarice

Ex. Club Member
yeah, i spent ages looking for one but no joy (think the haynes says there aint one either)......at least theres nothing that looks like a drain plug anyway. :)

theres the little metal flap thing at the very top of the filler neck and one at the bottom (just after the opening to the tank) but id reckon you should be able to get a siphon in there...ive never tried mind, as to empty mine i removed it from the car and jammed open the flap about poured it out into a container...not the safest way to do it, lol...but it did empty it.

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
You can disconnect the fuel hose from the front of the engine bay, even without the pump running it self syphons, all be it slowly, as long as it's low. I drained by tank with a 12v supply on the pump without any problems prior to dropping the tank out for rear and strengthening work.

OP
OP
K
thanks for the responses, where is the fuel pump? I could get 12V onto the pump and as you suggested disconnect from the engine bay before the fuel filter....

just done a search... the pump is under the rear seat bench... could I not siphone from under the seat????

Cheef

Buy & Sell Member
How about direct access from under the rear seat. 3 bolt cover disconnect the power and drop the tube in. Worked for me!!

(Only got a fiver)

OP
OP
K
how do i insert a pic?

I hot wired pump with battery, disconnected fuel line from engine bay after filter, stuck hose pipe on fuel line and straight into my other car!! (but not in that order)

LOL