Single-Din Dashboard Conversion for a K12 Sport+

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
Hi guys, this is a bit of an obscure request.

I'm looking for the part number or even just proper name of the head unit surround on my K12 sport+, my mums activ has a single din dashboard bit and mine has a double, which has really ticked me off as I have a JVC single din head unit.

I tried looking for adapter kits but as the micras usually come with single din nowhere does them. Also looked on ebay and found one, but it was beige, so wouldn't match the rest of the car.

Do you reckon I could get the specific part from Nissan new?

I'm really starting to loathe the crummy built in 6CD changer, and want to use my MP3 CD supporting JVC headunit again haha.

Isn't the trim the same, apart from the single din one having a bar across the middle and a trip computer/clock above the radio? In which case, go to a scrappie and get the radio surround.

I'm thinking of fitting a double din unit with sat nav built in, and hoping to simply cut out that bar and remove the trip computer, or just buying the double din surround you have.

You just need the whole vent fascia assembly - the vents unclip from the back, then put your vents back on the new surround and clip/screw it in.

3025_7471.jpg

Yours?

images

Single DIN one.

Yep you've hit the nail on the head there. Mine's got the standard 6CD changer though, and my mums is almost exactly the same as the one below with a cubby hole instead of a trip computer, I'd have no need for it in mine as I have it built into the dash.

I'd phone a scrappy then and get a single din surround off them - I got a full set of vent fascias (left, right and centre) from Aylesbury Scrap Metal for about £40 when my first attempts at spraying them went wrong. Not cheap like a proper scrappy, but a lot easier, and only up the A41 from you. Check their car stock on their website then phone and order.

A bit of a thread from the dead I know, but I've come into some money from christmas now, and had a question for you all.

I need suggestions for a fairly cheap double-din head unit that works with the steering wheel controls, has anyone managed this so far? I don't mind not having steering wheel controls, but it's when they're there and don't work that I know it'd annoy me. I'm getting quite confused as to what will and wont work now too.

If anyone's figured out such a setup it'd be greatly appreciated!

Back