Sills

M

mackem_micra

how much should i be looking for to get inner and outer sills on both sides done?! any ideas and also anyone from the north east any ideas on any decent places to get them done?!

Cheers
Jon

I think that depends on where you go. Most Micras are repaired around the sill. Mine has to be welded this year. I appreciate that you have a K11, but they aren't so vastly different. My mate, who also has a silver G-plate K10 had his done for £86. Mek that does mine will do for next MoT, he said he can do it so must consider it worth doing. I always go the the same one man band down the road and he really looks after his customers, which gets him as much repeat business as he can do. Unless anyone else has some idea why not ask around friends etc for word of mouth recomendation? Good local bloke, can't go wrong.

sills can be found for as little as 9 quid a side that is for the outa sill area iner im not sure, will look around and post here.....welding them on aint a problem your close to me m8 bring car one evening and me and my brother in law will give you very very good price on welding.........but you clean and do cosmetics ie paint.............fair

cheapest i can find are 12.50 each that is outa full sill you will be able to get around the inner part by using sheet steel get them here..............
http://www.beeversautopanels.co.uk/

i agree .. if ya find a bloke thats good at welding and your happy with his work on your car stick with him GOOD welders are hard to find i had a good welder and mechanic ( he to old now ) looking for another good local welder ( maybe we can drum up japseye and his brotherinlaw abit of trade from the northeast )

dont wish to drum up trade m8s I work full time and dont need the work........But I dont mind doing the odd car here and there what we should be doing is finding out how many members in the northeast has mechanical skills and who is good at what then maybe we could get our heads together and we could end up with a good thing going where as no garage bills, and plenty of helping hands as the old saying goes many hands make light work. I was lucky as I grew up in the garage helping my old fella so there is very little I cant do but even I struggle with todays stuff as its all electronic, in the day it was just plugs points and coil and very little stopped your car runnng not like today,,,,,,,,sorry for going off topic but you know if you want sills done then feel free to drop in and we will see how bad things are and take it from there also it dosent allways meen welding there are other ways........

im up for that m8 dont know how much help i will be cos i forgot alot of wot i learnt . the old 1s where the best easy to work on and repair add me to msn and any 1 else if ya like ( [email protected] ) ps i also like ya decat very nice thinking of getting 1 of ya :p

well 12.50 a side for sills is good I think allthough they will be patern parts and most probley need a little fettling.....so thats 2 of us from the northeast for helping to fix members cars we need more though maybe we should start a new thread asking for ppls skills.............

Back