quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
nah u wont beat the ne meets matey :p

but i shall be travelleing over.

dunno what car ill be in at he mo it rather the beast, depoending on time scales :p

or

the super :S

not sure which yet though. but i should be up for it

OP
OP
goldstar0011

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Very true splank!

Sandbrook park is the best I know in Rochdale as it's on a sunday we can use either the car park by B&Q as it's away from the cinema, maccy's etc

OP
OP
goldstar0011

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
The car park looked a lot bigger and more open so we could "hide" in a corner or something, I'll be geeting food anyway so I'm allowed on the car park :D

OP
OP
goldstar0011

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
You're just shooting me down man!

Only other place I can think of is in Oldham, there is a "car park" which used to be old flats, no lights or anything it's just a piece of land

SplanK

Site Supporter
lol ya have to think of these things though... to high a speed bump and somebody is gona loose a bumper.... to close to shops and the likleyhood of you been kicked of is high... not close enough to facilities is asking for trouble and people leaving early... not easy enough to get to and people are just gona get lost or not bother.... :p

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
I'll have a drive around the Bolton area later, and see what I can find. :)

I'll report back here if I find somewhere suitable.

-Elliot

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
I've just been having a look around for a meet place. I can't seem to find anywhere that is suitable at all.

Looks like somebody else best find a spot.

Sorry guys. :(

-Elliot

kristian

One Way Mule
Any body familier with the carpark at WIGAN UGC cinemas..

ITS next to JJB rugby stadium...

MASSIVE carpark..

ALWAYS empty at far end...

?

kristian

OP
OP
goldstar0011

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Never been there?
My last idea is Pilsworth, was large car parks!

Basically, we're not gonna get anywhere that is 100% ok, best to find the most decent place with a few backups incase we're told to move on which won't be bad as we could have a sweet looking convoy!

As far as I know we ain't gonna be wearing burdury and in Novas so we can't be looking like chav's and trouble makers.

wilsonian

Ex. Club Member
Splank, what about were we had the last "NW meet" with wilsonian?

Cop cars can sit on the other side of the road but their mainly concerned about people racing round the the roundabout. plus if we keep our selves to our selves they wont have a problem plus bugger all security to scare us off.

it's very easy to get to considering it's right next to the motorway!

wilsonian

Ex. Club Member
hehe - we all followed you so don't worry.

but with gaz having a 1.3 now i think i'll be the one who gets left behind instead! LOL

danni

Ex. Club Member
why dont u try and organise an event like we have for the NE meets, bowling or something, its one of the things that makes the meets so enjoyable rather than just standing around the cars for the whole duration. plus people cant move you on if you are using the facilities

SplanK

Site Supporter
because that just defeats the whole point of having a car meet and just turns it into a social event away from the cars which is something I and others dont want...

anyway - the location is alsmot sorted now - just sorting out minor details :p

so is the location pilsworth then? if we dont park to close to the places like the cinema n dont race about or do handbrake turns or play loud music!i dont think people will bother us!

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
Where is Pilsworth then? I can't seem to find it on Multimap...

I'll probably have to follow Kristian up or something, as I don't have a clue where that is.

-Elliot

OP
OP
goldstar0011

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Splanks just waiting to speak to Wilsonian, if i'm right it's probably gonna be somewhere Ashton way as the car park there (if i remember right) the car park there is big and has plenty of corners to meet.

OP
OP
goldstar0011

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Then lets bring it back to life!!

We all know it's the 6th March then, place, I'm still waiting for some info off splank whether it is at the place we met once in Ashton or Pilsworth.

Again, what's everyone think?
We never gonna get somewhere thats 100% ok, so if we go somewhere with facilities and food we can say thats why were there and have a backup place in case we get moved which allows for a bit of a cruise!

OP
OP
goldstar0011

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
There's 11 definates including you
3 maybe's, about 7 from NPOC
plus a few mates who wanna see what I've been going on about, 2 or 3 there

A

alexbaker

i will definatly meet up have you come up with any ideas yet where you can meet and sunday 6th march is my birthday so i will come

SplanK

Site Supporter
sorry ive been busy - had a job interview today and got myself a new job... meaning i have ma weekends back now :D

anywhoo... wilsonian has yet to reply to my pm so ive no idea - the place i was thinking off is Ashton on the retail park around there...

OP
OP
goldstar0011

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Bigben - erm....not really, Splank has been a big help! I just know how they can fall through so am happy to keep everyone updated. If it turns out good and people want it more often I'm up for sorting (with help)

Alexbarker - glad to see you up for it, where you from?

A

alexbaker

i know a few great places to meet and then we could move on from there, lymm services just off the m6 where there is a maccy d's, i used to live near there and now i have to come from north wales, there is some good places here too, i know of a great underground car park in colwyn bay about 1 and a half hours from manchester if u r up 4 it

SplanK

Site Supporter
thanks for the input Alexbaker - but think we are gona have to keep it around the manchester area... I do realise that some people like yourself are having to drive a fair distance - this is why I personaly think Manchester is a fair place to have it. We are possably having people drive from York way, some possably from NE...

A

alexbaker

ok manchester will do me fine then i dont mind i hope that its good there anyone come up with any meeting places yet?

A

alexbaker

yea good point i will have a look around 2moro make a few fone calls and see where would be ace with no cop trouble

same here i will need directions. will i still be allowed to come even if i dont have a micra, been offered one of my favarite cars pretty cheap. peugeot 306. sorry lol

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
Hi,

I'm still up for the meet. :) Ashton sounds great to me, as I used to drive through there on my way to work. :)

-Elliot

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
Correction.... I don't think I did drive through there. :blush: I thought it was Ashton-In-Makerfield. :down:

-Elliot

A

alexbaker

ashton industrial estate is a good place, i was on the fone to my mate today and he said the police dont go there, sounds great to me

OP
OP
goldstar0011

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Ok. Unless other wise stated venue is Ashton Retail park (if thats what it's called)

Wilsonian - Whats the post code so everyone can find a map to it!

SplanK

Site Supporter
I might have somebody on the NPOC investigating the location... its called the Ashton Moss- all we need is some directions off the M60 and we can push this properly

SplanK

Site Supporter
Right...

Event: NPOC/MSC/AOC Northwest Mini meet
Locatiion: Ashton Moss Retail park
Date/Time: 1pm on 6th March 2005
Directions from M60:
Clockwise around M60: If your coming from Bury/Bolton way (past failsworth/holinwood) take the ashton turn off (J23 M60), and get in the right hand lane, and turn right. You will then be on a 3 lane dual carriage way type thing stick in the outside lane (its a 40mph speed limit) and you will go past a speed camera (can be very sensitive, so be careful). There will be a slip road on the right hand side, get in that lane, and turn right. Continue to the next set of lights (about 200m down this road) and turn right at the lights. Your now on the road which takes you to the promised land! (KFC)

Anticlockwise around M60: If your coming from stockport, come off at the ashton turn off, and and turn left at the end of the off ramp. You'll then come to a set of traffic lights, go straight on at these lights (wait for it to turn green first!) Continue to the next set of lights (about 200m down this road) and turn right at the lights. Your now on the road which takes you to the promised land! (KFC)

Multimap link showing junction number: http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=390000&Y=395000&width=700&height=400&gride=&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=freegaz&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&zm=0&scale=100000&up.x=215&up.y=8

Everbody happy with that - if so ill post it on NPOC and AOC when i get back in from work