Side Lights

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
Some of you are aware of the si project i have going on well its all but done exept another stumbling block this time the side lights , now bare with me a moment, the looms are from a 1995 super sport or s/r and the dashboard and switches were from a P reg shape got that bit. Now its all fitted into a 1999 1.3 SI, First stumbling block was the hazard switch the plug would not fit not a problem easy solution get the right switch, however after wiring the lights and indicators I noticed the side light bulbs kept blowing why....then I noticed the heated rear window switch light was on when i switched the side lights on. dilema is this switch also no good for the loom I have it fitted to, it also sports a seperate rear fog switch as in early micras. maybe if I sorce a early heated window switch it will solve it has anyone got any other ideas there is no wires touching and no bad earths

alchemyst

Ex. Club Member
do you mean the switch iluminates or it actually switches the heated rear screen?
as the switch is supposed to light up when you switch the lights on!

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
its not the back light illumination its the little orange light to tell you the switch is on, this shouldnt light up unless the switch has been pressed

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
when I was connecting lights and modding the looms to fit the later si model all the lights came on including flashers , reversing and fog lights, solved this as the later type si rear clusters are wired differantly to the earlier type s/r ones. once i changed clusters that problem was solved so now im thinking if those were wired differant then its possible for the heated rear window to be wrong as well this would explain the orange light been on so will take a look at it today and see if im right.